Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

mg_*PLACEHOLDER*_course

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by Ph3onix, Oct 13, 2011

1. Feb 23, 2011
    So yeah,after the last experience with mapping I almost threw my keyboard out of the window.
    However,after getting legit steam,hammer decided to employ a new tactic to troll me,Which is crash the program and break the map altogether.,but thanks to a nifty little program called VMF Fixer I can make progress and troll hammer back.

Anyways,I'm working on a new map:mg_*NAME UNDECIDED/PLACEHOLDER*_course.
    What I've got so far:
    -10/30 Levels done,Gonna finish 11-15 today.
    -1 Secret.
    -AFK box.
    -Nifty looking teleport prefab i found on Gamebanana.

Pics:frown:Some Pics may look dark,well ithats because i used Fraps and the screencap key is also the Exit game key,so Fraps managed to take a screencap before the menu could show up,the dark effect remained present however)
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. May 15, 2011
    If the exit game key is the same as your Screenie key, why don't you change the key?

Also, it's better to use F12 whilst in game cause then you can make pretty pictures using cl_drawhud_0 and impulse 200.

The only use for Fraps is programs without built in Screenie takers. :/

On the map, me thinks it's beautiful! :grin: Although others seem to dislike the Dev texture I love it. EVERYONE ELSE CAN SUCK IT!

Also, how hard will the map be? It's better to keep it simple so the nubs don't QQ.

Otherwise. Make it happen NAOW! :razz:
  3. Jun 17, 2011
    Ohhhh it looks so niiice can't wait to see it in action [IMG]
  4. Feb 17, 2011
    yeah i think it looks nice so far.. it reminds me of bob maps for some reason!
    but good luck finishing it and cant wait to try it
  5. Jul 1, 2010
    Looks good :grin: Can't wait to try it out!
  6. Jul 4, 2011
  7. Oct 27, 2010
    Looks like fun, I can't wait to try it :grin:
  8. Apr 14, 2011
    ummm the art look seems so familiar to me, i wounder what it is ?

any way looks good,
    hammer crashers on me at least 5 - 6 times a day its very random and its not just you
    dont worry with your self with " levels " just go with the flow of the map is what i find best, but each to the own. numbering each trap is a bit useless in my eyes.
    and secret, there hit or miss, just make sure you spend more time working on your map then hiding placers and secrets.

is this your 1st map ?
    and prefabs .............................................. check hows its made then make it your self and change the look,

if you have problems just ask :smile:
  9. Feb 23, 2011
    That's the difficulty level

Blue=Tutorial difficulty
    Green=Easy
    Yellow=Medium
    Orange=Hard
    Red=Very hard

And even though Orange and Red WILL be difficult,I will be a bit fair.(I am dedicating atleast 2 hours balancing each area,and i have a friend who does some minor testing)
    (tl;dr the difficulty will scale depending what area you go through.)

Thank god that atm in Israel there's a 2 week holiday otherwise this would have taken me forever.

Oh and about the numbers,I may remove them since right now they only help my friend while he tests,so if a bug or balance issue occurs at a certain level,he'll tell me which one and ill get on fixin it straight away
  10. Feb 23, 2011

Anyways,I am here,After roughly 1.5 years of going MIA,To tell you why this map isn't out yet.

Unfortunately,I couldn't finish the map before holidays were over,And that was a huge setback considering the fact that I had thousands of exams right around the corner the very second holidays have ended.
    So after that life decided to start slapping me in the face at every last opportunity it had,With exams,Personal things and all sorts of other shit that I had to do.
    However I managed to mostly overcome these issues and continued working in silence on my map,I started to continue slightly before the school year has ended.
    Although this school year has proven to be more difficult than the last,I still continued,Striving to finally finish this damn thing,I worked on the map piece by peice,Trying to allocate atleast 1 hour of my time for the map.
    This may be great and all,If not for the one final "Fuck you" life decided to throw me in the face about 2 months ago;My PC broke.
    Thankfully due to my ridiculous paranoia,I have made 3 seperate failsafe backups for the map,so I can retrive my hard work and continue.
    As I write this from my laptop,I am finishing level 19 of the map,I may not finish this map today,Nor tommorow,But you have my word;This damn thing will see the light of day,Someday.

Note:You might have seen me play around the ZE_ server recently,Yes,I probably shouldn't slack off like that too often.
    Note2:I didn't make a separate post for this because reviving a thread that has been dead for over 1 year seems like a bad idea,doesn't it?
    Ph3onix, Oct 14, 2011 Last edited by Ph3onix, Feb 15, 2013