Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

mg_creative_multigames_v8_fix

Discussion in CS:S Custom Maps started by Josh, May 7, 2012

1. Mar 16, 2008
    mg_creative_multigames_v8_fix has been removed until the change language exploit is fixed.
  2. Jan 12, 2012
  3. Feb 12, 2012
    Omfg finally I hate having to wait through the extra hour, and not being able to change map. Ty

Btw I win @Supreme ♔
  4. May 14, 2011
    I'm onto it, unless someone else has already started.

Planned changes:

At the end of the climb there will be a teleport.

In surf cannons the cannon noise will be removed

Will add # tag to all songs so they can be muted/quietened

Will remove glitch in boat stage where you can go under the dock.

Will add invisibility in all race/climb stages so you can see where you are going.

Remove language glitch

Add different songs (On request)

Fix the waterpolo level and give the winners a weapon (glock/usp)

In cannon Surf when there are 2 people left from any team beacon will be activated.

Tell me if you want any extra changes!
    Ghost, May 7, 2012 Last edited by Ghost1995, May 7, 2012
  5. Nov 6, 2011
    wow bout time i hate that map for that reason only haha
  6. Jan 14, 2012
    Nice, but maybe we should first try to contact spawi (Creator/Co-creator)?
  7. May 14, 2011
    Ive already done that, im waiting on his reply, you know me, i would never decompile the map. I am doing this on the assumption he will give me the .vmf file. Otherwise there are other issues.

Ill keep you guys informed.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Jul 14, 2010
      First, I thought there was a topic long ago on this and something like this was supposed to happen but maybe it got buried.

Second: I think the 'exploit' (even though it was put into the map by the creator) should be ignored. Even though it resets the timer, players can still rtv, and generally they do when they wanna move on. There are 44 maps to choose from, and the only time people start getting bored is when someone like pass starts choosing climb 4 times in a row. I don't think the map should be removed since it can be rtv'd but since it's getting fixed anyway owell. Just putting in my 2 cents.

The new stuff your adding ghost is awesome and will improve the map greatly :thumbsup:
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jan 21, 2011
        I watched them use the exploit to extend the map. I was not very happy, and asked Josh to remove it.
      • Jul 14, 2010
        To clarify, is it when you press e on the flags to reset the map. If so, I don't see in any possible way how it was an issue but there's no harm in removing it, I'm not disagreeing or agreeing lol. But, it's not an exploit since it was intended in the creation of the map.
      • Jan 21, 2011
        Ok, I watched them exploit the language system to extend the map.
      • May 14, 2011
        The mapper put that in there so the players can choose thier language on the first round so it is reset anyway, I guessing his home server has a timelimit of 60 anyway so it would only add about 30 seconds to the map.

That's my interpretation of why the system was put in place there.

The way people exploit this is by waiting till it is the last round of the map and then pressing the button. this makes the map time a whooping 1h25 mins. I think this is way too long for a map.

Contra to your argument @PeNguiN If people wanted the map they could press extend, but they dont. I think an rtv every 25 mins to let the players decide is fair enough.

This map was a great map but this issue had to be fixed. Its almost as bad as the map that gives the mapper admin for the duration of the map issue as you mess with the server config and that should be blocked.

Thats my view on this.

Peace
      • May 14, 2011
        yes you can but the timer thing has been removed

Version: v8_nomusic :
        Remove: Music
        Remove: mp_timelimit 60
        As some do not want music and timelimit
        Enjoy it! By your request
        08/10 - Rename Map: v8_ns (Fix missing donwload) nomusic
      • Jan 21, 2011
        So it will go back to being 25 minutes with them still being able to reset it.
      • Jul 1, 2010
        As Seks just said, the issue is still there due to the language changing exploit that basically extends the map indefinitely when the language is changed.
      • May 14, 2011
        I dont know, maybe it doesnt, it has to be tested on the test server. I haven't had a reply about the map yet from Sp@w >.<
      • May 15, 2011
        I tried contacting the little spit fuck before. Never got back to me either. I am pretty sure the guy is not on anymore.

And he protected his map and I r dumb so I gave up. :<
      • May 14, 2011
        This map is protected but i can decompile up to the stage where all the textures are no draw, if this map really was worth the effort of re-texturising is would but as it stands either he gives me the .vmf or nada happens (no pun intended)