Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

mg_HnS_Office_Assault

Discussion in Completed Maps started by Tony Montana, Jun 12, 2012

1. Jul 4, 2011
    I've had the idea of hide & seek map for some time now, so I made one using cs_office and cs_assault (by Valve).

CTs and Ts take turns each round to hide & seek, as a hider you get to pick whatever you want to look like such as vending machines, plants etc. and hide from the seekers, the hiders can't damage the seekers unless they survive the round. As a seeker you hunt the hiders down, each time you fire your gun you lose 10 hp to prevent people just shooting every prop in sight. The map switches between cs_office and cs_assault at random, there's also 2 secret weapons for the hiders and one for the seekers :devil:.

New in this version compared to mg_Hide_n_Seek_Office;
    • Switched from using targetnames and trigger_hurts when shooting as a seeker to a point_hurt, it's now impossible to take damage unless you actually shoot.
    • Fixed some props that wouldn't recieve the correct lighting.
    • Seekers now get glocks rather than a knife/shotguns to prevent people from auto-shooting without taking any damage (use burst fire for best effect, won't die by right clicking anymore).
    • The outside lighting is a bit off on the office part compared to the real cs_office, this is because you can only use one light_environment per map, so I went with the one from assault.
    This will probably be the last version of the map, unless I find better ways to do things. Enjoy!

Download mg_HnS_Office_Assault_v2

Pictures:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

• Mapping King Mapping King x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
      null, Jun 12, 2012 Last edited by Tony Montana, Jun 26, 2012
    • Jan 11, 2012
      This looks really really good
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Dec 6, 2011
        @Tony Montana You made it even easier... people memorized the map, so the hiders had enough trouble as it is. Possibly a randomizer for objects?
      • Apr 1, 2012

love it!
      • Apr 9, 2007
        Do we need any logic on the server to run this?
      • May 14, 2011
        I saw the betas of this map and I love how you executed the idea.

Yes, you need to know how to upload the maps and players need to know how to play.

P.S.: Sorry I couldn't resist. I love you kyle! And no scripts are needed, unless tony changed something i don't know about D: .
      • Jul 4, 2011

Edit: It does force these commands however; mp_flashlight 0 (I noticed on Super Marios MG map you could still see player shadows when using flashlight, even when invisible), mp_freezetime 1, mp_roundtime 5 and cl_radaralpha 0.
        • Like Like x 1
        • Agree Agree x 1
          null, Jun 12, 2012 Last edited by Tony Montana, Jun 12, 2012
        • Mar 23, 2012
          This look so cool i so want to play it ^^ :drool:
        • Jul 28, 2011
          This looks awesome! I agree with @Brett though, many players will have office memorized, so some random props would be awesome. And I love the spider man room
        • Dec 6, 2011
          We already tested it, and after just one extend, there were at least a couple players that knew all of the object placements. Maybe every 5 rounds you switch things around?
        • Jul 4, 2011
          • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
          • Jul 28, 2011
            Just wanted to say, this is currently mah favorite mg map. I can't wait to see more of these in the future! :party:

One thing I did notice though, sometimes when a seeker right clicks and his health starts to drain, it drains the health of every other seeker if it happens as they teleport to the main part of the map. It could be pretty bad sometimes, taking anywhere from 30-70 hp from all of the seekers right off the bat.
          • May 14, 2011
            Otherwise one point the damage when you shoot stopped working for all players at once.
          • Apr 1, 2012
            why is it that the seekers seem to win a lot o_O
          • Dec 7, 2011
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Jul 4, 2011
              I still don't know exactly how that can happen, when someone right clicks they are given a targetname, each seeker has a trigger_hurt parented to them, filtered to that targetname. How someone without that name can take damage is beyond me. :confused: I'll see what I can do though...
              • Like Like x 1
              • May 14, 2011
              • Jul 4, 2011
                I could have another similar HnS map out today but I think having one HnS map in rotation is enough. I'm thinking of combining a few maps into one, not sure though.
                • Like Like x 1
                • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
                • May 14, 2011
                  Right now playing mg is just waiting for your next map. Please release another one today. :smile:
                • Sep 25, 2010
                  That's what makes his map special, it isn't available at all times. I'm with tony, having only one hns map on rotation is best.