Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

mg_HnS_Office_Assault

Discussion in Completed Maps started by Tony Montana, Jun 12, 2012

1. Mar 20, 2012
    I played a office hide&seek map some years ago and there was a feature that u could whistle to give the seekers a hint if u like to give a hint....
    is it possible to integrate something like that on the map without having a plugin(cause its a minigame server and not a hide&seek server)
    maybe just press E and u give some sort of advise where ur located.
    That would probably reduce the ghosting factor aswell....

But its up to u Tony if u like something like that on ur map or if its even possible ....
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
    • Jul 4, 2011
      Would be really easy to make, I'm not sure how it would reduce the ghosting though or why you would want to give your position away like that.
    • Mar 20, 2012
      Because its even more fun for me if i give them hints and they still wont find me....even though i would probably use somthing like this only in the last minute or the last seconds.....
      Its pretty hilarious if they dont find u in an obvious spot, my goal on a hide/seek map isnt really 2 win the round ...its the way u win/lose
      Or imagine 2 or 3 hiders in the last 30secs .... they can troll the seekers a little and make them run around 2 give another hider the opportunity to win

.....and the ghosting issue...i think if people see u give players already some hints, maybe they wont give the not-anymore-so-clueless seekers the locations of the hiders
    • Feb 1, 2011
      @Tony Montana your map still kills everyone on round start sometimes. Attached is a demo of this happening just now on MG

Attached Files:

• Jan 24, 2012
      I think you've done a great job on this map Tony, keep it up!
    • Jan 28, 2012
      I've noticed that if you hold down left click with shotty when you run out of ammo, it subtracts your health really fast even though you aren't technically shooting. Loving he map though. Combining different HandS maps into one would be the best way to go.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • May 14, 2011
        Its the way the map works, you cant fix that.
      • Jul 4, 2011
        Pretty much what Ghosts says, it's how the enitity works, it can't detect when you're out of ammo. Not that much of an issue really. I'm currently working on a combined map.
      • Apr 9, 2012
        Tony, if you want me to make any random HnS map just tell it me.

Another thing: I've had an idea to make the maps more difficult and less predictable, by for example making all prop_statics to dynamics (I think those standard maps of Valve do not hit the limit at all) and then make them also appear on different locations every time the map gets reloaded by a simple trigger on spawn. That would perhaps be a little thing to consider if we don't want the maps to be repetitive and VERY memorisable... Because imo considering me, I could memorize any maps within a couple of rounds and immediatly know which props are wrongly placed = players...

Ofc it's just an idea, tossing around a bit, but it sounds pretty cool to me
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • May 14, 2011
          Nothing to do with a trigger on spawn, it would actually be a logic_auto + logic_case + point_template , Passing that minor point the props are already randomised to a certain extent. If there were 2 different set ups for example you would memorise both, Tony's way is better he just kills off some props at the map start to allow players that are the same prop to replace them, if you memorise the whole map then great, you should never be found again because you can exactly replicate those missing props every round.

If more maps are added like tony is currently doing then it will be much harder to memorise props. I think the current system is fine.
        • Apr 9, 2012
          One thing, with template entities you can place them anywere you want by adding X Y Z coördinates, you can quickly create over 20 different sets that way without adding a single entity but just replacing them anywhere you want. Ofc if the system of Tony alone seems to be enough, then it's fine for me ^^
        • Jul 4, 2011
          There's about 30 random props in the map at the moment. I randomize them by giving half the amount the same name and have them start disabled, same with the other 15. I then have a logic_case that fires on map spawn that picks one or the other to be enabled.

Regarding the multi-mapped version, I'm going with assault and Office. I tried 3 maps but that made me reach the entity limit.
        • Apr 9, 2012
          Are official maps the only ones allowed? Because if this new mod would be revived back to life, I would love to map for it!
        • Jul 4, 2011
          Updated. Merged cs_office and cs_assault into one map. Enjoy.
        • Apr 1, 2012
          damn, I wish we had a HnS dedicated server.. :razz:
        • Oct 29, 2010
          We had one and it bombed incredibly hard. :frown:
        • Dec 2, 2011
          That would be great I didnt read past this post. But What if you made Map with some other maps on it. And you Made it like the seekers choice like on Glacier where you stand on the thingys to vote for Easy, Medium, Hard or Bonus. Just wondering would that be hard or to difficult ?
          Jw
        • Jul 4, 2011
          Reason why I made it randomly choose which map to play is because I don't want the rounds to be too long, they're already at ~3 and a half minutes each. I tried putting more than Office and Assault into one map but hit the entity limit unfortunely. I won't be making any more HnS maps because it's a minigame server, not hide and seek. The map gets extended to the fullest just about every time right now, people would get tired of it if you were to play it for 2 hours.
          • Mapping King Mapping King x 2
          • Feb 1, 2011
            I hope you didn't take my "turning MG into ZE" comment seriously! You should totally make HnS_Italy_Inferno!!!
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Nov 2, 2011