Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Discussion in Completed Maps started by nyronic, Dec 28, 2011

1. May 17, 2011
    DOWNLOAD & SCREENSHOTS - http://www.gamebanana.com/maps/162394

MG_LT_GLACIER - 12-28-11

A racing map based off of the common minigame "iceskate". Players race to the end dodging various obstacles and hitting boosters to gain speed. Features a random track generator so no 2 tracks are ever the same. After each race players will battle it out in a randomized iceskate arena. Players that placed 1st -> 10th will be rewarded with weapons for the arena. The better your place the better your reward will be.

Choose between EASY, MEDIUM, and HARD difficulties for the track, or select BONUS to play a Long Jump competition!

Map by: Nicholas P. Low, aka nyro

Custom Textures

Music Recommendations

Feedback & Testing
    [bella basic]

Special Thanks
    cfoust - Author of Propper. The map wouldn't have been possible without this!
    CHECK EM - Vote system idea for choosing what you want to play.
    hlstriker - Providing ideas to help me debug the generator early on.
    qr - Helping pick out the majority of the soundtrack.

AK1200 - Rabbit in the Moon (Remix)
    Diddy Kong Racing Music - Victory Theme
    Global Communication - 8:07
    Jon Hopkins - Cold Out There
    Nicorisone - An Old Friend
    Sander Van Doorn - Lobby
    Stendeck - Admira And Bosko
    Stendeck - Hybrid
    Working for a Nuclear Free City - Je Suis Le Vent
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
    • Jul 14, 2010
      I cannot wait to try this out, you really outdo yourself nyro! :banana:
    • Apr 9, 2007
      Really pisses me off that over half the compressed map size (20mb~) is the sound track.

Map looks good though, thanks!
    • Jul 28, 2011
      Looks awesome, good work :grin:
    • Feb 1, 2011
      ZOMG I'm stoked that this idea came to fruition. Can't wait to play it. You come up with the most unique stuff!

PS: Don't listen to Kyle! :thumbsup:
    • May 17, 2011
      I think what Kyle was trying to say is that there is in fact not enough music, and that the total music file size should be more than the .bsp itself.
    • Apr 9, 2007
      BSP is 5.4mb, Music is 22.2MB. Rest is Models/Materials.

You've already nearly quadrupled this figure. lol :mellow:
    • Dec 3, 2011
      [font="'Comic Sans MS"]The map looks nice! Hit me up when its running on pF then i join to play =D[/font]
    • Feb 18, 2011
      Dude great job on this.
    • Sep 25, 2010
      Somebody upload NAO!!!!

Please <3
    • Feb 1, 2011
      Yes plz :shock:
    • Mar 31, 2010
      This map looks insane. Can't wait to play it!
    • Jul 4, 2011
      This looks amazing, can't wait to play it. :thumbsup:
    • May 17, 2011
      Thanks everyone, hope you all enjoy it :grin:
    • Nov 14, 2010
      On gamebanana, Instead of [bella basic], put serenityheart18 - That's my gamebanana account name.
      Also, I can't wait to play this! It was a lot of fun testing.
    • May 17, 2011
      Changed it for you

and I'll just quote what I added to the gamebanana page
    • Jun 4, 2006
      I'm probably going to have some fun with this on the training server tonight but might wait for v2 before adding it to MG. At any rate it looks great, looking forward to trying it out.
    • May 17, 2011
      Its still playable with the bugs, the longjump one just means that person is pretty much guaranteed they get 1st place as they dont have to participate in the following rounds(and its not easy to get that far). The finish line one sometimes prevents all of top 10 from being filled but the map still ends, and it only happens if the generated track is VERY long, which doesn't happen often. But I'm going to wait atleast a week or 2 before releasing a fix because I want to see if any other issues pop up first.