Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by nyronic, Aug 30, 2012

1. May 17, 2011
    Public Beta Release

_b3 - http://www.sendspace.com/file/sjxyvs

_b3 release
    - Added a barricade between the 3rd and 4th floors.
    - The 3 vent paths at the top of the shaft will be unlocked in all modes now instead of only [VENT].
    - The empty areas of the 8th floor have been populated with props, and a new room has been added.
    - Removed 6th Floor.
    - Removed Elevator Windows.
    - Removed Elevator Ladders.
    - Removed 2 of the 3 vent entrances on 2nd Floor of the Lobby.
    - Removed 1 vent opening on the 8th floor.
    - Raised floor of the elevator shaft so players can jump out easily.
    - Players should no longer die or take damage from falling when [Sudden Death] is activated.
    - Dropped weapons will be removed when [Sudden Death] is activated.
    - Fixed issue with [TOWER] mode being activated when other modes have already won the vote.

_b2 release
    - Players who late join on Round 2 should no longer get stuck in a black box.
    - Players should no longer get crushed by the elevator if standing on top against the closed doors.
    - Cage time at the start of a match has been raised from 3 to 5 seconds.
    - Vote meters will now correctly stop moving once a game mode has been chosen.
    - Changed the bridges to flat.
    - Sudden Death timer lowered from 4 to 3 minutes.
    - Raised [OUTSIDE] player requirement from 10 to 12.
    - Renamed [TOWER] to [INSIDE].
    - Added a new [TOWER] mode, which consists of [INSIDE] and [MOAT]. Requires 16 players.
    - Added an AFK killer for bottom team of vent mode, it will activate after 1 minute.
    - Added ladders to the giant curved green surfs, leading to the roof of the tower.
    - Added ceiling clipping to prevent players from "wallhack" glitching to see into the vents.
    - Created a new voting area.
    - Removed graffiti in the Moat.
    - Vent mode now spawns the bottom team in a locked office, with only 1 way to go.

_b2 - http://www.sendspace.com/file/e0kewe
    _b1 - http://www.sendspace.com/file/pebmb8

(Player Req) Game Modes

(20) Full = Everything
    (16) Tower = Inside+Moat
    (12) Outside = Moat+Street
    (10) Inside = Elevator+Vent

- weird lightmap glitch under small bridge
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 6
    • Like Like x 1
      nyronic, Aug 30, 2012 Last edited by nyronic, Apr 1, 2013
    • Jul 16, 2012
      I actually JUST saw this map. I thought you did very well with it. The elevators were cool and nice windows. The green part looked surfable. If so, that is a great idea. Very good for escaping someone or getting behind them.
    • May 14, 2011
      Nice job!
    • Oct 17, 2011
      Awesome idea of having these surfboards around the building.
    • May 14, 2011
      I cant find the map on map list? I wanted to check it out. Would be great if you gave a link.
    • May 17, 2011
      I believe they may be adding it to the nominate list soon.
      • Like Like x 1
      • May 14, 2011
        Already asked Josh in-game, he did a test on the spot. I recorded a bit of it. Its on rotation now. :smile:
        Post Merged, Aug 30, 2012

via http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6WqWYF7qxE
        • Useful Useful x 1
        • May 17, 2011
          Hey, thanks for recording that. Was fun watching you play :smile:.
        • May 15, 2011
        • Jul 16, 2012
        • Mar 19, 2012
          Awesome map. Love the part where you can jump from the top and surf down. The geometry in this map is superb.
          jookbob, Aug 30, 2012 Last edited by jookbob, Aug 30, 2012
        • Jul 16, 2012
          Obviously I am not the only one who liked the surf ramp. Way to go!!! Was a brilliant idea and everyone seems to love it. Keep up the great work and thank you so much for contributing even more to Plague Fest.
        • May 17, 2011
          the flat bottom surf area will be a bit more interesting soon :wink:
        • May 14, 2011
          Could you fix the wait time at the start of the rounds, its pointlessly long. I press B + R at the start of a round to buy my loadout. That takes <1 sec. Current buy time is at around 10.

Also the ramps to go up to the roof simply do not work. I just get stuck on them. The verticle wall is easier to go up on. >.<

Console error on the letters you made. You need to disable vphysics on them because they don't work.

Also when I went on top of the lift once it killed me. :frown:
        • May 17, 2011
          I was being generous with the time because some people take ages to buy, and there's no buyzones in the map itself. As you're unable to enable/deactivate buyzone entities, and I didn't want people buying in enemy spawn. I'll shorten it slightly and see how things go.

This is an engine bug that that's been around since Goldsrc(hl1). Any vertical surface that isn't at a right angle will have sticky issues, not much I can do about this one.

Already fixed :grin:

Yeah, the elevator has some issues that I'm trying to work out. It shouldn't kill players INSIDE of it anymore. But you can still die if you climb the yellow railing into the bottom of it, and then duck. And you can still die sometimes while standing on top of it as you mentioned.

In order to make the elevator unblockable by players, certain flags had to be checked. This caused the elevator to simply "pass through" anything that's blocking it. A side effect is it made it do no damage, so I had to put a kill trigger lining the inside of it.
        • Nov 6, 2011
          fix the elevators ha
        • May 14, 2011
          But buyzones are team filtered by default.

You can also set the buyzone time with a console command.
        • May 17, 2011
          Yeah, but the spawn points swap. So it would have to be set up for both teams on both sides all the time. I did do the mp_buytime thing on galaxy's buy mode as I wasn't able to turn them on/off any other way.

I reduced round 2's buy time(black room) to 10 seconds from 15. I may eventually experiment with buyzones in the map using that method.
        • May 14, 2011
          Name the first way round buyzones something, then kill them. And vicaversa. Killing them should work.
        • May 17, 2011
          I think that might of been one of the things I tried on galaxy, I don't remember for sure though. I'll give it another go.

Yeah, I just tested it. You CAN kill a buyzone, but it stays killed forever and will not come back the following round. Also tried addoutput to change team number but that doesn't work either.
          nyronic, Sep 1, 2012 Last edited by nyronic, Sep 1, 2012