Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

mg_pirate

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by Ghost, Aug 17, 2012

1. May 14, 2011
    Well I decided to create a thread because I want to take a quick break from the map but what I am working on now is a small mg map, will take ~1 week of casual mapping to create.

Map is an attempt to go back to the original simplicity of mg.

Capture

As you can see I have tried to use displacements as well as I could to create a realistic looking "tub" where the action will take place, the water is quite deep and will deal damage.

#1 - Small boats, similar to those seen in pirate wars and hellz multigame. Used for transport
    #2 - launchers/cannons
    #3 - Main pirate boat in the middle

I will of course make it balanced. I will include a variety of game modes. so people do not get bored.

So far I can think of;

Defend the Ship - Once team spawns on the ship and the other team spawns along both shores. If one of the CTs get into captains quarters on the ship they automatically win. Both teams get knives.

Knife it out - Teams spawn on opposite shores with knifes. (deathmatch style) (hidden low powered weapons)

Capture the ship - Both teams spawn on opposite shores. First team to manage to stay in a "area" (clearly visable) on the ship for 30 seconds. (without leaving it). Knives only.

Scout wars - Both teams start on opposite shores with scouts.

Flood - Both teams spawn on opp shores. They better get out of spawn before the water starts to raise. (Teams will meet on the ship and knife it out.

All game modes will have a night mode, where it makes sense to have one ofc.

Name of map is TBC.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 2
    • Jul 8, 2012
    • May 14, 2011

I've almost finished work on the ship
      • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
      • May 14, 2011

Finished the boat.
        • Like Like x 1
        • May 14, 2011

I've made all 14 small boats now. All controllable with WSAD. Also I included a feature to freeze the boat when no-one is on it. Lastly I made a freeze feature with you press +attack and and unfreeze when you press +attack2. This should make it easier for team mates that fell off to get back on, assuming you stop the boat for them.
          • Like Like x 1
          • Oct 29, 2010
            Just out of curiosity (since I'm interested in making an mg map based on what I'm about to write): Does CSS have any provisions for a "VIP"-style gameplay? (One CT randomly chosen as VIP, and gameplay ensues a la AS of CS 1.6. A couple CSS examples come into mind; 1. The VIP gameplay in Hannibal's ZE map Paranoid; 2. CS 1.6, where if the VIP dies, T's automatically win).
          • Feb 24, 2011
            I wouldn't say that there is a V.I.P gamemode for CSS unless you use some kind of mod, but this could be done quite easily within mapping.
            • Informative Informative x 1
            • Oct 29, 2010
              Yea. I meant to ask the VIP-mod question in terms of within a map. But you answered my question.

Thanks!
            • Jul 16, 2012
              thats a nice ship the sail looks like a rolling paper, which made me laugh. maybe everyone should just bring a dub sack and use the sail to roll some joints and get high instead of killing each other?
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Oct 17, 2011
                @Ghost the map looks nice but just a simple question. Is it for CSS or CS:GO.
              • Jun 20, 2012
                O.o one day I'm thinking to myself.. "Yeah I'm pretty sure I understand who ixikitty is now..." and then the next day I see a post like this and I think to myself, "the fuck was I thinking?"...

Ghost, I like the idea and the way its going. My only suggestion is that you might want to try to squeeze in an additional mode for other weapons, such as a buy mode, etc. From my time on the MG server Ive noticed that people seem to flock to the multigun maps prior to single gun maps. /shrug just a thought. Lol those boats/dock look sooo similar to the hellz multigame ones.. pretty fun map :grin:.
              • May 14, 2011
                CS:S, will be ported to cs:go as soon as we get a server put up. :smile:

Sure ofc, Buyzone would be easy to add.

Yeah but i guess that the most efficient design. The boats are improved over the hellz ones though as you effectively have a brake. The pic with the boats is not the map. The baots were taken into the map, the dock was just for testing. :smile:
              • Jul 16, 2012
                you do know me ^.^ i dont smoke. just thought it was funny. i have friends who smoke and talk like that all the time and it reminded me of them.
              • May 14, 2011
                I started slowly porting to cs:go. The graphics look amazing. :smile:

2012-08-21_00001 2012-08-21_00002 2012-08-21_00003 2012-08-21_00004
                • Like Like x 1