Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

mg_serpentis_temple released

Discussion in Completed Maps started by Luffaren, Dec 12, 2011

1. Feb 24, 2011
    Hey folks, thought i could hop on right in here and say that me and Kaemon has released a new mg map for a gamebanana contest (http://www.gamebanana.com/news/20077)

We just thought that it would be interesting to make a "treasure hunter" themed map with some neat puzzles and obstacles, it's a pretty basic course with a special suprise in the end.
    The map requires atleast more than 20 players and alot of teamwork surely.
    So get that dream-team on and do it! :wink:

Here's the link at any matter: http://www.gamebanana.com/maps/162041

Attached Files:

• p1
      File size:
      400.1 KB
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
    • Jan 21, 2011
      That looks like one of the most detailed mg maps I've ever seen. Can't wait to try it :thumbsup:
    • Jul 28, 2011

Can't wait to play this! I don't know how you keep on making such crazy maps
    • Feb 21, 2007
      thanks dude. i can test it on mg, possibly tomorrow
    • Mar 20, 2011
      Looks nice, good job!
    • Mar 19, 2011
      Did A Small test with Kaemon and I must say it's a very unique map in it's own sense wow though does it require awesome amount of teamwork. Terrific Map needs some polishing but man is the map so Dynamic and enjoyable to play. We got to the end during our test but it really took some time to get to and I don't believe we achieved all the objectives fairly :< but hey it's pretty damn difficult. I can't wait to see future versions this map really reinvents the MG Genre and looking forward to your future maps Luffaren and Kaemon's as well.
    • Feb 18, 2011
      Wow awesome to see a ZE mapper make a MG map.
    • Aug 5, 2010
      OMG looks epic
      GoodJob man :thumbsup:
    • Jul 4, 2011
      Just played this map in a full server, probably the most epic MG map I've seen, good job as always. :thumbsup: As NBK said, it needs some polishing, one of the rooms bugged on us and the last part gets really laggy. Can't wait for the final version. :smile:
    • Dec 3, 2011
      Is this map added to the list?? I really wanna play this one to see how the master did it :grin:
      I sure like the screenshots already!!

• Jun 17, 2011
      LUFFY~! that looks like a cool map~! Can't wait til I get a chance to play on it :biggrin:
    • Apr 2, 2011
      Looks sweet. Can't wait to get in there and try it out. :thumbsup:
    • Oct 29, 2010
      This thread has been bookmarked. (To track the latest developments of this map.)

Cannot wait to give it a go when I go back.
    • Feb 21, 2007
      Just tested the map on MG....looks like a very good map. Unfortunately the map is essentially unplayable due to a glitch at the very begining. The wall spikes, where u try to climb up the spikes, the wall kept glitching about 50% of the 20 players on the server. If 3 admins were not present, they would not have been able to get unstuck.
    • Nov 6, 2011
      yea i mean that map has potential just gotta fix those kinks :smile:
    • Feb 1, 2011
      This. Map looks completely awesome - love the custom textures, sound, and overall feel. But the closing spike walls devour the players rather than pushing them out of the way, and the player remains stuck until the wall recedes.
    • Feb 24, 2011
      Me and Kaemon is working on a fix version where atleast these following issues will be fixed:

* wall crusher (getting glitched through it instead of dying + easier to jump spikes)
      * main chamber lag + better fps
      * the crashes when dying at the boss (got multiple workarounds for this)
      * the sacrificial room being broken + making it longer
      * fixing the lava pit reset (it's way too long atm)
      * getting some nodraw on room props (as they are now it looks kinda horrible + lower fps)
      * rotatings being stopped (this is a really weird issue, unsure if we'll manage to fix this)

Kaemon is gonna manage the main map this time around aswell while i'm gonna fix some rooms/systems etc (as for the medusa crashing for an example)
      In future versions (after this fix version) we'll be adding some new rooms and improved visuals/balance and fun etc.

And as for you guys and ladies, we've gotten some really awesome comments by all of you and we REALLY appreciate your interest and support in this. Thank you, really! :smile:

Anyways, i'm off fixing the map now, lets see how this version goes.
      See you untill then!
    • Jul 4, 2011