Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Discussion in Completed Maps started by Voldemort, Dec 15, 2011

1. Apr 6, 2011
    Well I finished my minigame map the bsp is map... I have had a few testers on it and they all enjoyed it.. I was trying to do something alittle different. I hope you all enjoy..

[IMG] Merry Christmas you guys
  2. Jul 28, 2011

3. Dec 3, 2011
    Nice! Hope to see it running on pF so we can game on it to see how it is :grin:
  4. Apr 14, 2011
    I am Kosuki and I approve this message ^^
  5. Dec 17, 2010
    LMAO, that is very cute and just awesome chels.
  6. Apr 6, 2011
    Got some bugs to fix so it wont be done yet seems some of the weapon spawns are well kinda buggy
  7. Apr 2, 2011
    I downloaded it, and tried it out... and I am sorry to report, that it is subpar.
    The textures still hurt the eyes.
    The music is poor as well, and hurts to listen.
    While I like the layout for AWP/AK47, and buy... again the textures are subpar / painful to look at (respectively).
    The pistol map needs a work over on the lighting entirely, for it is TOO dark inside the rooms, and with the yellow everywhere, it is very sickening...
    The jump rope map goes nice and easy to WHAT THE FUCK, in a big jump....
    The climb is too easy, then the pyramids show up and while doable, should be replaced with something more... interesting...
    Also the starting area, is too bright and harsh to look at... It needs to be toned down a lot.

I am sorry Chels, but it needs to be reworked, a lot. A good first attempt at a full map. But that is all I can give it... :confused:
  8. Feb 18, 2011
    I know it is your first map. Nobody's first map is the best, for most it is the worst. So I will give you some sugestions to help further your mapping skills. Please don't confuse this with
    Don't use basic textures like the glass on climb or the brick on bunnyhop. The floor on climb looks like it was zoomed in like 200% so try making it sharper and larger. The songs were not good at all, in fact they were annoying. I would reccomend a popular song known by most people rather than doing some random song nobody has heard of. Make the climb a little harder as well as the bhop.

Once again it is not intended to insult, it is ment to help improve your map so one day you will become a great mapper.
  9. Nov 29, 2010
    For your second map, pretty good.

I'm going to be honest, and I'm not going to pull any punches as you need to know this if you want to become a better mapper.

-You need to pick a colour pallette and stick with it, making a map bright rainbows everywhere makes it hard on the eyes.
    -The layout on the Ak/Awp maps are good, but the textures need work, a lot of work. Also, I was expecting the map to be different for both categories
    -The jump map feels easy for the first 2 levels, and then it comes to the spikes, even then, the layout feels similar for every jump section.
    -The knife map style is good, except it needs to be larger if it's going to house a large amount of people.
    -The handgun map I was lost at the spawn, the walls were too dark to see anything to know what to do.. until I realized those slits were doors.
    -The buy map I saw potential in, however the tunnels were very hard on the eyes.
    -The slider map is brutal. You need to react by the split second or it's instant death as soon as you get teleported.
    -Refer to above for jump rope.
    -The bright neon cybernetic textures were a bit of an eyesore because they're almost everywhere.

-Music wise, make it a broader spectrum, not everyone listens to techno
  10. Sep 6, 2010
    Great work Chels! :smile: I especially liked the buy map. Music is relaxing :thumbsup:
  11. Dec 17, 2010
    You seem like the type of person that likes a challenge. But being on the phone with her just now tells me she will not be changing it (well not entirely anyway just the bugs).

She had a couple of complications with the lighting because it would crash her laptop and had to reboot sometimes so she basically used the next best thing to her knowledge. And since when is techno annoying i mean really, lol.
    She is glad you appreciate her first map even though its not perfect it is pretty damn good for her first try (with a little help from the bench warmers).
  12. Feb 18, 2011
    1, nobody asked her to change anything. They are suggestions for the future if she ever wants to get her map added on popular servers.

2, not everybody likes techno. Especially with a voice that sounds like its coming from someone with the testosterone of a 5 year old child. I strongly advise there be a change up in music in the future. Choose a popular group like The Prodigy or something. You can do joke music too, it seems to work.
  13. Sep 14, 2008
    These are suggestions. If you want a wider player base, you need to listen to every customer.