Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

mg_unknown_course

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by kirby8989, Mar 1, 2013

1. Jan 24, 2012
    I've began on a new minigame map for Counter-strike: Source, it's going to be a course map. Here's the spawn and some more screenies:
    http://gamebanana.com/wips/41859

[IMG]

[IMG]

Feel free to post what you think :grin:
    Haven't got a name for it yet, but if you have any suggestion make sure you leave a comment!

// Kirby
    • Like Like x 3
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 3
    • May 14, 2011
    • Aug 7, 2012

Kirby didnt you work on a slide map for mg? Is this project still alive too?
    • May 14, 2011
    • Apr 9, 2012
      I can't believe he would not have any backups...? I have over 100 of backups from SSBB
    • Jan 24, 2012
      Actually I had some, but they're all broken. Since they all had something that caused them to crash on compile. After my first try to compile all those vmf's broke... :frown:
      Oh and sure I'll make sure to inform you guys about testing the map!
    • Apr 9, 2012
      Maybe it was because you tried to save your backups over your corrupted version of the map. I had this once as well, a corrupted vmf, and I opened a backup, compiled perfectly and played it again, so I though let's save to the newest version again. Boom corrupted as well.

In any case, get rid of corrupted versions immediatly so you have 0 risk whatsoever to recorrupt other version. I must admit I never heard of a vmf getting corrupted on compile.
    • Jan 24, 2012
      Yeah well it all happend very fast and I probably did the mistake you mentioned above. Anyways I might be able to remake it sooner or later, but I'm still insure if people really are looking for another slide-minigame.
      Thanks for all the help and thoughts!

// Kirby
    • Nov 11, 2011
      Bro... learn to autosave. :shock: These are my settings:

[IMG]
    • Jan 24, 2012
      Thanks for the tip, but I didn't know about it back then till it was to late. I'll stick to your settings from now on as they seem to be good enough :smile: