Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

mg_Warmcup_Headshot removed from MG?

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by dillinger, May 2, 2012

1. Feb 1, 2011
    128 pointed out to me that this map is no longer on the rotation on MiniGames. Wondering why as it is a server favorite.
  2. Feb 12, 2012
    If this is true I might as well not play mg anymore. :frown:
  3. Jun 4, 2006
    Just checked MG's map list, definitely not there anymore. File was last edited last night around 8 PM. Not sure by who but I'll presume @retslag1
  4. Mar 16, 2008
    I didn't remove it but the spam on that map is horrific. How is that map even allowed when it is constantly advertising another server?
  5. Feb 1, 2011
    All the WarmCup community maps have advertisements. Kinda lame, but they put out a lot of server favorites, including Smee.
  6. Jun 4, 2006
    Gee I dono, maybe because playing a fun map is way more important than caring about a small in-game advertisement for a probably expired / down server? Maps have advert decals all over the place... this one just so happens to do it via chat like many other maps.
  7. Mar 16, 2008
    I'm fine with advertising their server in the map, but saying the ip which probably is expired every like 5 seconds is really annoying.
  8. Apr 9, 2007
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Jun 4, 2006
      I doubt it's that frequent... if anything have someone remove the spam but keep their orig advert. No need to have it spam all the time, beginning of a round is fine & will still honor the original map makers desire to have the advert(s). At any rate I think it's a non-issue really.
    • Feb 21, 2007
      I have not touched the MG map list in a few days. I do have a MG map which I have yet to test. If it has been off rotation for a few days, then its possible I may have inadvertently deleted the map while editing it.
      • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
      • Jun 4, 2006
        If anyone wants to re-add it to the rotation, please feel free. Not sure how/why it was removed but since no one has come forth with any reason... I don't see any reason to leave it removed.
      • May 27, 2008
        We'll just blame Fagaplotato like we always do, add it back, and sweep this thread under the rug! Mathematical!
      • Apr 9, 2007
        Please don't add it back and harass me tomorrow after about 4PM PST.

Thanks!
      • Jun 4, 2006
        Please don't be vague with your posts. Have anything to do with the recent AceHigh shit? We're all in the dark here if you removed this map for a reason.

Thanks!
      • Apr 9, 2007
        Yes.
        I didn't remove said map.

More info is in your inbox, as it has been all day.

EDIT: @Brian
      • Jun 4, 2006
        The PointDetour shit? Guess I'm just failing to see where warmcup comes into play with that situation & why you're making vague indications that adding it back will cause issues, yet you didn't remove it yourself and seem to have no info on who/why it was removed. Since I can't figure this out I'll settle on a 'fuck it' and leave it as is.
      • Feb 21, 2007
        added it back. if its gonna break shit, feel free to remove it again
      • Jan 12, 2012
        Nice to see we're all still getting along
        • Funny Funny x 2
        • Mar 16, 2008
          This is normal. Where do you think we are? A non drama free website? This isn't neopets.
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • Zing! Zing! x 1
          • Friendly Friendly x 1
          • Jan 12, 2012
            Strange I've been under the Assumption this was Club penguin