Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

mg_wipeout2

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by GodWanA, Jul 31, 2011

1. Jul 31, 2011
    Lots of ppl liked my map and rated 10 points in gamebanana. But a few ppl said i should fix it. But i cant fixing because i lost my original files.

However i make a new one. Its will be more realistic, and harder than ever. And u can get more points in a simple round then in the first map.
    All new textures, more level, and ill add a few weapon.

There r 2 vid as the bigining.<center><br>
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Anyway some1 could write how can i make a better alwys swinging W-s?

HAHA =D im done alone the swinging Ws. and i tested it. its works fine but its not look the best ive ever made...

Check it HERE:

[IMG]
  2. May 15, 2011

However,
    "Anyway some1 could write how can i make a better alwys swinging W-s? ", what are you trying to say?

I don't understand.

What's a W-s?

Could you please expand on your question.
  3. Jul 31, 2011
    this is the W-s. it looks like a big rotating cool W. but it should be a cooler always swinging W
    css-20110731-194042
  4. May 15, 2011

Anyways, you want them swinging and not rotating?

Hmm...

I don't think I've ever had to do something like that.

If my internet wasn't ball sack retarded I'd look for a YouTube video, but since I can't I'd suggest just waiting for a more experienced mapper to post.

Or consult your local YouTube's.

Is it possible to make a funky little gizmo with logic_gates?
  5. Jul 31, 2011
    I finished the map almost. But ive got a cool idea. what there would be since this is a competition on the other hand if I would add advertisements to it.
    so if u want make free ads then send a pic and tell where would u like to see. anyway just the final level missing and a 3d skybox

[IMG]
  6. Feb 21, 2007
  7. Jul 31, 2011
  8. Apr 14, 2011

you want them to swing rather then be fixed in place with a func_rota you mean.

make the big W pusher func_physbox_muiltplayer. mess with the mass and lighting for your effect.

theres now 2 ways to go from here both are good

make a point class entity called phys_ballsocket and make a info_taget enity and put them both where u want them to swing from. edit the names so on

the other way is a enity called phys_hinge i have never used it but i hear its the same deal.

any way if u need any more help just send me a pm on here or on steam
  9. Nov 19, 2010
    Very nice map this is! Hope to see it on the server when it's finished! Possibly? :thumbsup:
  10. Jun 10, 2011
    As I said yesterday while we were testing it, the only problem I have with the map is the grammatical/spelling errors on the boards, so maybe get an English or American friend to proof read and correct those for you.

Other than that, the only problem is my inability to complete it because i'm a massive failcase xD

Oh, also at one point I got teleported/stuck in some kind of invisible box? Whether that's intended/WIP though I dunno...
  11. Jul 31, 2011
    yeah its an invisible box coz i wanna make a fair challange. and if u watch the wipout then u know the rules. but ill checking them with anyone only for u.
    but before i do that. LETS PLAY F1 2010
  12. Jul 31, 2011
    im made it a simple func_door and its working perfect
  13. Jul 25, 2011
    Wow looks like a nice clean map :grin: Hope to see it
  14. Jul 31, 2011
    I finished the map almost. But ive got a cool idea. what there would be since this is a competition on the other hand if I would add advertisements to it.
    so if u want make free ads then send a pic and tell where would u like to see before i start to finishing (i think ill start working agian on sunday).
  15. Jan 5, 2007
    A map based on the show Wipeout? Now that's just brilliant.

Should hit me up on Steam some time if you need people to test it.
  16. Jun 17, 2011
    Ohhh~! I can't wait to be able to play on this map it looks awesome~! [IMG]
  17. Jul 31, 2011
    im started to fnishing the map. i changed a little the big balls, started working the last "level". check all in the pics and the vids.

PICS:
    [IMG] [IMG] [IMG]

VIDEOS:
    [IMG] [IMG]
  18. Jul 31, 2011
    ive got a BIG problem at mo. when im starting to converting my map to a bsp map file, the vbsp and vvis are working fine but the vrad says this

"Valve Radiosity Simulator
    2 threads
    [Reading texlights from 'lights.rad']
    [1 texlights parsed from 'lights.rad']

Loading e:\steam\steamapps\csernayattila\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\mg_wipeout2_testday8.bsp
    Setting up ray-trace acceleration structure... Done (3.08 seconds)
    25017 faces
    numplanes + fakeplanes >= MAX_MAP_PLANES"

any idea how can i fixing?
  19. Jul 31, 2011
    chech here:
    http://www.gamebanana.com/maps/158864
  20. Feb 21, 2007
    Here is a link to a nice PF billboard :razz:

I can put that version on MG, but I'd much rather put a version with the PF billboard up on MG :whistling: