Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Microsoft Windows 8 Pro

Discussion in Software Sanctuary started by Bing™, Oct 16, 2012

1. May 8, 2011
    Bing™, Oct 16, 2012 Last edited by Bing™, Oct 16, 2012
  2. Nov 11, 2011
  4. May 8, 2011
    • May 14, 2011
      If i have an old copy of xp should i spend the £50?
    • Aug 10, 2012
      I prefer Xp
    • Dec 6, 2011
      I feel that this is going to be completely painful and almost useless if you don't have a touch-screen (what this was designed around).

I might give it a shot a year or two down the road if gets updated and there's ways to modify the layout.
    • May 15, 2011
      I was told that Windows 8 will have Xbox integration or something. Possibly just a rumor but if it's true I will be all over it. A second PC just for that would be ok with me.
    • Aug 18, 2006
      Windows 8 is good if you have a start menu application, such as Start 8. The improved performance is definitely noticeable, thus why I've been using it. Windows XP is way too dated for me.
    • Feb 27, 2012
      Windows 8 is MUCH better than you think it is. At least, the consumer preview was. It's a bit of a change, but that's bound to happen with a new OS.
    • Dec 6, 2011
      Meh, it's not worth my time to switch to. I've tried it out, the flow is just not there. I almost feel like I'm navigating the Xbox Dashboard when I use it, which I despise with a passion. (old Xbox Dashboard was awesome though)
    • May 8, 2011
      Price: $69.99 [IMG]
      You Save: $130.00 (65%)

The original price is 199.99, make decision quickly before this deal is over.
    • May 8, 2011
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Jul 8, 2012
      • Jun 11, 2012
        Windows 8 might be a skippable OS like Vista was. Its emphasized heavily on the Touch screen and that will be the number 1 focus for MS. Also GFWL is rebranded as Xbox Live integration on this OS. Unless Digital Distribution signs to Support the OS, then you're only upgrading for Win 7 with a new UI.
      • Jul 8, 2012
        I was just discussing Windows 8 at my work (IT Support at my college) and unless you have a touch screen or are willing to learn the new UI it's probably skip able. I think it'd still be fun to play around with first before I am sure I don't want it.