Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Minas Event 8/18 and/or 8/19

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by retslag1, Aug 15, 2011

1. Feb 21, 2007
    Alright, If you guys want to beat minas, you keep telling me that you need more time than the extends permit.

So rather than side swiping me (like you are currently doing) to run in the server and extend the time limit at the last minute, why dont we make a set time and date to have an official attempt at beating it on. I could then make a dedicated 2 hrs or whatever that you guys need.

So I was thinking the weekend would be better because more people will likely be available.

I can be there this coming Thursday or Friday, 8/18, or 8/19 (contest ends on the 19th??). I was thinking maybe try on the 18th, and if u cannot get it, maybe try again on the 19th.

As for the time, we should do it around 1pm EST (1300), as this will be a good time for all US timezones, and should not be too late for any European players as well.

Let me know what everyone thinks.
  2. Aug 10, 2011
    As long as Random Guy in the Background isn't invited so he can't micspam and ruin the recording again :grin:
  3. Feb 21, 2007
    I would be present, and facilitate any admin duties.
  4. Mar 25, 2011
    I personally think having it on the weekend would be a bad idea, because as I've said many times before, the weekend population is... well... less than good.. All I'm saying is that when we do this I don't want the server to be overflowed with kids and shitty players.

That being said, Thursday is a great day for it.
  5. Feb 23, 2011
  6. Mar 16, 2008
    I'll offer to do this every night this week including tonight if you guys want.
  7. Mar 20, 2011
    I would not mind jumping an any evening this week too.
  8. Apr 9, 2007
    Just to update this........ We did it tonight. Server crashed Level 3 on Extreme.
  9. Apr 29, 2011
    Look, if there's going to be a Minas event, it'd be awesome if it was tomorrow. Tomorrow is my last day before going to college, and I believe that out of everyone here, there is no one more obsessed addicted to as influential in Minas Tirith as me.

Also, it'd be a rather sexy going-to-college gift for me :wink:
  10. Mar 20, 2011
    Fuck, I got home from work, bring the server on tonight, I responded to Josh but I had to deal with a bunch of JNB's at work!!!
  11. Mar 19, 2011
    Glad to see you post this Rets.. Also if you aren't a Zombie Escape Regular or Have Never Played Zombie Escape or Minas Tirith then you should come and join us... There will be a lot of Glory and a Lot...... of FFFFFFAAAIIILLLLLLLL
  12. Jun 11, 2011
    Very nice of you to set this up Retslag. Lets just hope it doesnt crash over and over like its been doing. :thumbsup:
  13. Feb 21, 2007
    well, I am on call today, so in terms of me, I wont be doing this today. I figure thursday and friday would be enough time for people to prepare to set aside a few hours to try and beat it. Also, I can be present during the times I stated in my OP on thursday and friday. So I can be admin, if necessary, while u guys just try to beat it.
  14. Apr 15, 2010
    If I disconnect due to buffer overflow because someone is mic spamming im gonna shoot myself, that shit is fucking annoying as hell and you lose all your damn points.

Also what time would it be in gmt?

-RobinFlewds
  15. Apr 29, 2011
    LAST. DAY. BEFORE. COLLEGE. MUST. HAVE. MINAS. MARATHON!
  16. Feb 21, 2007
  17. Aug 10, 2011
    I would be down to participate in this anytime this week. I think it would be better if it was later at night around 8 or 9pm EST when the server is most popular and has many good players on. The afternoon has more noobs.
  18. Feb 21, 2007
  19. Apr 15, 2010
  20. Feb 21, 2007
    ugh. I was just informed I have to work late tomorrow, until 5pm EST. So I guess we are gonna have to plan on doing this minas event at 6pm EST or 11pm GMT time.

Sorry for the last minute change up guys.

Will see you tomorrow when I get home from work.