Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Minas Events possible?

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by -L-, Dec 4, 2012

1. Mar 20, 2012
    Its one of the best maps around, but its not anymore in rotation because of the physic bugs, which sometimes occur.

I just wonder if we could organize it a little when we play minas. Usually its on weekends or after maptests when a managment member has time to play with us on the server. I dont know if its just me because I live in europe, but I almost never see a root playing on css and miss therefore most minas rounds.

So..
    I wish we would have LSA's or lvl 3 admins who could watch over the minas rounds.
    If we could organize minas events with specific times, maybe every 2 or 3 days(or even more days
    between, wayne), we announce it in the forum, then high lvl admins(3+) get invited for the event and sign in. If we find 2-3 admins who have time to watch over minas from the beginning to the end, whats the big deal then?

yea physic bugs which requiere restarts...so

either give a specific really trustworthy person(who has more time to play on the server) the power to restart the server or
    idk if this is possible -> autorestart the server after minas, if there would be some days between each minas event, you wouldnt have to worry about server stability I think...and random crashes just happen all the time .... so does it really matter to have a long uptime?

When did minas glitched physics last time on PF? I believe at least the last 5+ times it didnt...and that means 1-2 months? Maybe we should test it more^^

If this is all impossible to accomplish, I still want to focus on specific announced times on the forum even if its only once in a time, I would really like it.
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 7
    • Jul 20, 2010
      @Haplo, tagged him for you since he mainly does the Minas nights.
    • Feb 24, 2011
      It's a great map and i think it's a shame we don't play it that often imo, but there's a pretty valid reason for that aswell. (although i want to thank Haplo/any other eventual root who's been doing this for a while now)
      If however this were to work/be applied more often i'd be happy to support it, as i'm sure this map will bring more players/fill up the server.

I'll leave it to the higher ups to decide.
      • Agree Agree x 5
      • May 12, 2012
        Ill Be Lv 3 or LSA And Watch Over Server Since I Play Like Everyday 65.5 hrs past 2 weeks

See lawl
        CALIVIER, Dec 4, 2012 Last edited by CALIVIER, Dec 4, 2012
      • Feb 14, 2012
        I think you need an admin with access to the server restart function to watch over this. Level 3 definitly doesn't have this.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
      • Jul 8, 2012
        That's why he asked for someone trustworthy, that being someone 3+ with a long time here at pF. I support this if something can be arranged.
      • Jul 1, 2010
        Level 3, nor LSA, can restart the server if Minas screws up. This has to be a root and this discussion about having specific times has been brought up I think at least 3-4 times in multiple threads.
      • Dec 6, 2011
        I would gladly like to volunteer as an admin to watch over Minas every time it's scheduled if this can become a thing, but as re-stated by everybody, it's just the whole restarting the server thing, and Management having to drop everything at once to tend this.
      • Jul 8, 2012
        Yeah I know neither LSA or 3 have the restart command. But i'm sure something could be worked out? who knows.
      • Feb 21, 2007
        Only way this will happen is if a root can be available to fix the server when the map breaks physics and such. As of recently, I have been doing it on weekends, trying to do it somewhat consistently for you guys. I know for a while, Haplo did the same thing.

Also, I do not like getting 5-6 PM's on steam every time I join ZE asking "are we doing minas now?". In fact, it makes me not want to do these minas events after all.

So, yes a couple of us are doing these. No, I cannot do these on a regular basis, because my schedule is too unpredictable.
        • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • Jun 11, 2012
          I'm always there for you @retslag1 if issue arises, or any other help if you get my drift :cool:.

Also people should join the PF Steam group and monitor that. If they don't its their fault since constantly polling just make everything annoying. I know it's one level removed from the website but you already have it running, just set the notification on and have it hail you when doing anything else. This is better since all player not like us reg on the forum will see and join.

Edit: The message may seem a bit like I'm angry, i'm not. Had to edit to make sure you don't see in that light. :razz:
          Benderius, Dec 4, 2012 Last edited by Bender Bending Rodriguez, Dec 4, 2012
        • Aug 7, 2012
          Die you ever thougt about a regular auto Server restart? It must not be everyday, and mostly due times when the server is almost empty.
        • Feb 21, 2007
          Server is restarted......minas is played....glitches physics....now server has glitched physics for 23 more hours until next server auto-restart.

I do not see how this helps anything.
        • Jul 4, 2011
          Sounds like a good idea. I get people asking me all the time if we could play some Minas.
        • May 11, 2011
          If there was a set time for minas it could save you from those PM's
        • Oct 29, 2010
        • Oct 29, 2010
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Mar 26, 2012
            I think somebody was suggesting an autorestart after Minas is played if that's possible. I can't really answer for you, but I kinda doubt that would be done: probably too much of a hassle to set up, you'd probably make it so minas could only play once a day, it would be inconvenient for players trying to join the server, and just seems sloppy.
          • Oct 29, 2010
            If an auto-restart is implemented after completion of a Minas match: "LET'S NOMINATE MINAS. . .SO WE CAN PLAY MINECRAFT!"
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Oct 29, 2010
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Winner Winner x 1