Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Minas Petition

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by DiSturbed0ne, Sep 26, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sep 20, 2012
    DiSturbed0ne, Sep 26, 2012 Last edited by DiSturbed0ne, Sep 26, 2012
  2. Nov 29, 2010
    Here's the thing. Minas will only be added back only if Hannibal somehow manages to fix his physics bugs, as he discussed earlier he might just move on and do other maps.
  3. Oct 17, 2011
    I really don't get the fact why Minas is found on a lot of servers but not pf and it never got buggy.
  4. May 11, 2011
    It is because the map can bug physics and with the servers high slot count when it is full the bug happens more often.
  5. Dec 6, 2011
    There is no possibility for it to come back unless this is accomplished...^

You guys need to learn that we're not just holding out on it because we're dicks. The map crashes constantly and I highly doubt Kyle wants to get up in the middle of the night half the time to restart the server.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • May 27, 2008
      They're right, the second it gets fixed and runs without error on our servers, I can't see why we wouldn't put it back on.
    • Jul 16, 2012
      Can Plaguefest mappers maybe get the original mappers say so to try and fix the bugs?
    • Feb 14, 2012
      One does not simply get Hannibal to edit maps.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Oct 29, 2010

Edit: All right got some screen shots of my progress.
        [IMG]
        Keep in mind this is just a hammer screen shot, so it'll look a lot better in game.

Also I lie a lot.
        • Like Like x 4
        • Funny Funny x 3
        • May 11, 2011
          Something that could be tried is working out a night with one of the roots to come and let minas be played.Most likely will not work but you could try.
        • Jul 1, 2010
          This occurs basically every weekend when Haplo does it.
        • Mar 12, 2008
          Why did you put up a picture of Hyrule Castle.

Also hannibal has tried to edit and re-edit this map solely for us majy times in the past. As good as he is, it won't seem to work with our settings. He is very talented, but even Chef Gordon Ramsey can't bake the perfect apple pie, right?
          • Zing! Zing! x 1
          • May 11, 2011
          • Jul 1, 2010
            Probaby not going to happen. As far as I know Haplo does it usually around the same time on either Saturday or Sunday. If you want it to be done at a certain time I would try talking to him.
          • May 11, 2011
          • Oct 29, 2010
            Hannibal gave up on Minas. LONG LIVE MINAS TIRITH!

Also, it's REALLY sad how *people here see Haplo as simply a tool to unlocking Minas for pF, and not as a real person who actually has a life to pursue. Haplo sets aside time and mothers the server during the entire duration on Minas as a favor, not out of obligation.

Hell yes I encourage the changing of the map to Minas, but sometimes, I wonder what he feels when the server suddenly recognizes him simply because he changes maps to Minas. . .

No wonder why at the eve of yet another Minas night tonight, Haplo left pF hanging after getting barraged with nonstop Minas pining. (I assume).

/bittermodeoff, fuck i'm famished. Wow I sounded like an asshole.
            • Like Like x 1
              meeko, Sep 26, 2012 Last edited by meeko, Sep 26, 2012
            • Jul 16, 2012
              I don't think I've ever played Minas. So @Haplo I would appreciate a window of time that you would be playing it on ZE. No need for an exact time. I also wasn't talking about the original mapper editing it. I was thinking more of asking him for permission to edit it, to make it work for Plaguefest settings.
            • Oct 29, 2010
              Good luck getting HANNIBAL--creator of all LOTR maps, Mako Reactor, Paranoid, etc--to allow you to edit his maps.
            • May 11, 2011
              I was also think of him if he set a time he might not be bugged every time he gets on the server.
            • Apr 20, 2011
              then why not add minasv2_2 it could be bug to but i played it many times on korean server and they do fine (60 solts) so give it shot if its work fine then add it if not then remove it
              • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
              Thread Status:
              Not open for further replies.