Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Minas Tirith & Physics

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Tony Montana, Oct 8, 2011

1. Jul 4, 2011
    As you all may or may not know, Minas Tirith tends to break the physics, making the props, guns & other maps not function properly, in which case a server restart is needed. Is this a server issue or completely map related? Can it be prevented? I would hate to see this map removed as it is one of the better ones.
  2. May 13, 2011
    I have already send a PM to Ray for this. :wink:
  3. Feb 20, 2011
    You get left on the server for 2 minutes, and you broke the physics Tony...

I am disappoint.
  4. Feb 18, 2011
    The physics are a very minor issue braw.... Not like we can't beat the map..
  5. Feb 20, 2011
    Does it affect the Barricade Props? That would be a major problem with the map, they offer those precious seconds for the Remtards who aren't defending to fall back.
  6. Feb 12, 2011
    Plus, minas breaks the physics for ALL maps after that until it is restarted.

I vote for removal.
  7. Feb 20, 2011
    The percentage of times it does that, compared to the frequency it gets played is actually quite small. Compared to Paranoid which seemed 50/50 whether it would bug or crash the server.

I thought you believe a map should stay on the server regardless of how many problems it has as long as the map is popular?
  8. Feb 12, 2011
    No, I never said that. My point was, aslong as the maps that cause problems too aren't removed, why not add some fun maps too then?
  9. Feb 20, 2011
    The problem maps only get removed when they consistently break, maps like Paranoid broke far too frequently. When Minas did break too frequently it got removed. As for the Physics glitching, it doesnt really do that often, Ive seen most of the maps on ZE break the server physics, it's not Minas alone in this.

I only said that because in your last thread you said

10. Feb 24, 2011
    As McKay said, i wouldn't blame Minas for the physics glitch.
    It seems to happen to all servers every now and then, it's even happened for me while playing in singleplayer. It's just that maps like Mako, Predator and Minas gets affected way worse while maps without any physic objects makes it pretty much unnoticeable.
  11. Jul 4, 2011
    It's not a minor issue, props are a huge part of the map. It does also occasionaly glitch the staging system and prevent the teleporters at the start from working. Seems like there are different kinds of physics glitches, some are severe, some are bearable.
  12. Jan 11, 2011
    It is a Map issue, Minas Tirith does crash the physics by time to time.
    The exact cause is still unknown since we haven't managed to reproduce the physic-crash at will at any point; it just happens at times; aparently related to the Barricade Props; but not bugging always (even when doing the exact same thing).

Physics are quite an important part of the map, but it's still playable with broken physics; the main problem is that physics remaing broken until the server is restarted, and this affects badly other maps with physics objects (and you can't drop/get pistols on any since they go throught the world).
    However, since the last versions, both Mako and Minas Tirith "Stage Systems" are "Bugged-Physics" resistant, and the maps will keep playing normally (unlike Predator, that I'm sure it will get protected against this kind of issue if a new version is ever released).
    Isla Nublar (who I saw you testing not long ago) was playing badly (bugged) with Crashed Physics, but I believe I learned his author to make it resistant to this issue (just in case) for the next version.

Anyway; since he couldn't solve the problem, Hannibal included a "Crash Server" button on the "Secret Room" of Minas Tirith; so if it ever happens with an admin playing, he can play that card.
    However; the big disadvantage of doing this, is that all the "Recently Played" maps will get reseted aswel; and many people may not be up to play Minas Tirith again after extending (if people RTV to that map) or any map that was recently played before Minas Tirith.

About the Paranoid thing... You could add the map again; if a crash occurs it might fix the broken physics from Minas Tirith.... LoL. XD
  13. Jan 21, 2011
    The same issue would be present if the server were restarted, so I think that's fine.
  14. Jul 4, 2011
    Haha, crash server button? How exactly does that work? :laugh:
  15. Jan 11, 2011
    It just creates lots of entities using a template, making Entity Overflow; the same reason why early versions of Paranoid and Predator crashed after reaching X number of players. XD
    However, you need to NoClip to that room to press the button; for obvious reasons only admins that can NoClip have access to it.

I was comparing it to the option of keep playing with Bugged Physics; after all, it's exactly like restarting the server. XD
  16. Jan 11, 2011
    You know what? Forget everything I told about the Crash Button on Minas Tirith; I just checked the map, and aparently it was removed at some point.