Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Minas

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by DopeScope, Feb 17, 2012

Minas back

player count back to 52 and bring Minas back 10 vote(s) 47.6%
stay at 60 and hear the constant complaining of the server 11 vote(s) 52.4%
  1. Jul 19, 2011
    Minas back please........ its the only reason i bought donator and basically the only reason i play CSS.
  2. Oct 27, 2010
    An updated version of Minas is being work on presently and will most likely be added back to the server when it is complete.
  3. Apr 2, 2011
    Until the map is fixed up... what is the point of bringing it back?
  4. May 11, 2011
    sever traffic has been down some since minas was taken off.also the fix will take a long time to come out
  5. Jul 19, 2011
    I saw on his blog that he is working on it last. Also, his first fixed map, Mines of Moria, will be released 4/2. You can imagine how long Minas is going to take to finish and how much stress i am going through...
  6. Aug 18, 2006

Oh wait, I did.

- Minas gets re-added, slots get lowered, people will not be happy.
    - Minas gets added, slots stay the same, people will not be happy because of the physics glitching.
    - Minas does not get readded until fixed, slot count stays the same, people will not be happy.

It's a vicious circle. Someone has to make the sacrifice...
  7. Jan 5, 2007
    People are never happy no matter what you do in regards to anything really. There will always be complainers.
  8. Jan 4, 2012
    well those unhappy people should get some donor then haha. Im all for 52 slots for minas temporarily until minas gets updated
  9. May 11, 2011
    this is true but shouldn't the community have some say in which one?
  10. Aug 18, 2006
    A possible compromise is that I can lower the slot count to 52 automatically when Minas gets loaded on to the server, and set it back once it changes off of Minas, however, I don't know if that will prevent the physics issue?

@apollo, many people suggested that Minas gets removed in the ZE issues thread. That's what prompted us to do so.
    • Zing! Zing! x 1
    • Jul 19, 2011
      Let us try at least? I am crushed inside from not being able to play minas with my friends.:crying:
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Oct 27, 2010
        If I remember correctly the physics would still glitch from time to time even with a 52 slot count when Minas came up. It didn't happen every time though. It may be worth a try :dontknow:
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • May 11, 2011
        • Jul 4, 2011
          I believe the physics issue was caused by the barricades in the map so I'm unsure if lowering the slot count will do much, but I guess it's worth a shot as PF was one of the few servers with this great map in rotation. It didn't use to glitch this often, it started happening after the most recent CS:S update. :reallypissed:
        • Feb 9, 2012
          ill admit that i was one of the people who accepted the idea to remove minas until it's fixed. But like some have said, you can clearly see the server's population declining because of this also. just last night i actually saw the server empty for once.

But i think adding the map back would be a great idea for the time being. Sadly it will be a hassle for you guys to restart the server because of the glitch, but in return you guys gain a far more amount of traffic.
        • Feb 21, 2007
          Obviously, you were not getting bugged several times per day by multiple people regarding server restarts for minas glitching

This:
        • Jul 19, 2011
          That is why i like the suggestion that we cut the slots back down to 52 only for minas. Maybe less glitching.....
        • Apr 9, 2007
          We're not synced with the regular OB sadly. So we could use SM to do this, or you could mask the slots using sv_maxvisibleslots.
        • Jul 19, 2011
          Any idea when this going to be tested? Desperate for some faildalf >:grin:
        • Feb 21, 2007