Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Mind Trip time

Discussion in Entertainment started by Sam Axe, Dec 4, 2014

1. Jan 13, 2010
    WARNING! This first video is most likely NSFW

The music and animation are really good if you're into Japanese culture.

The first portion is some calm music and simple animation which is probably more enjoyable if you understand Japanese. The actual animation starts at 1:30.
    The site is in Japanese and the video is embedded, but the site is legit, so don't worry. You've been warned about the content, so don't complain about it.

(Contains: violence, nudity, gore, mind-fucks)
    http://animatorexpo.com/mememe/
    • Like Like x 2
    • Feb 2, 2014
      I'm not into japanese culture but the musics are really, really good (especially the dubstep one imo) and the animation is visually beautiful. I didn't get the first portion of the video, but it seems like this is not the important part anyways.
      Thanks for sharing. I couldn't have stumbled upon it by myself.
      What you can find on the Internet is fascinating though.

Edit:
      Well, I'm still trying to understand the storyline. The director talked about “the synchronization of anime and music.” He said “I wanted to add the true nature of human beings. I hoped that viewers would feel that they have seen the unrefined traits of people, despite those levels of images and techno.”
      I need your opinion about this @Orange
      Deadly Silence, Dec 4, 2014 Last edited by ƇΔЯPΞ ÐIΞM, Dec 4, 2014
    • Oct 13, 2011
      • Jan 13, 2010
      • Feb 8, 2013
        Japanese people are really weird, but very interesting. Their minds work in various ways. They can use really disturbing sceneries to give you the disturbing sense that they would want you to feel, and what they're good at (if not all Asians) is they can make you feel exactly as if you were in their boots. They also have the most craziest ideas and create the weirdest things. Being that they seem to be such different people, they're my favorite of all. Japanese people are also ones that dislike making mistakes, just like me. They're a form of perfection, at least that's what they practice. They hate being embarrassed or embarrassing themselves in public. This is one reason why they're never able to learn proper English. Asian culture can be really fascinating, not just Japanese, and if you really want to get into the subject, there's a ton to learn, especially their history.

The rap song in the video is by Teddyloid ft. Daoko (jRapper) - ME! ME! ME! if anyone is trying to figure it out.

I'm not sure if this is alright to post, but if it's not, it may be removed:

via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5SZzFaAZyY
        • Like Like x 1
          Orange, Dec 4, 2014 Last edited by Orange, Dec 4, 2014
        • Jan 13, 2010
          Well, that was amusing, but, what the fuck.... did I just watch.
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • Feb 8, 2013
            Technically it's nothing mind fucking. Very normal to the Japanese people and Asians, themselves. It's like comedy to them.
          • Jan 13, 2010
            It seemed like it was suppose to be some sort of comedy act. I did find it amusing.
          • May 2, 2013
            LOL i remember watching that and laughing so hard!

Tho i saw the me!me!me! vid and i found it pretty gud it was pretty well done in my opinion tho to enjoy it the style must be liked!

Kind of made me think of this
            via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QFwo57WKwg
            its [NSFW]
            • Like Like x 2
              Welsper, Dec 4, 2014 Last edited by Welsper, Dec 4, 2014
            • Aug 2, 2014
              Did i just watch some anime video of some guy getting his dick n balls getting eaten off?
              • Zing! Zing! x 1
              • Feb 8, 2013
                Funny, I was going to share this exact video, but I forgot the name of it. This video has a meaning to it. It's exactly what I've been trying to say. If you normally watch it without a thought, it'll just be some really nasty, dirty, and perverted animation, but it does have a meaning to it. At the most I can remember, this video expresses how a person can be so pure and ignorant of reality, but once they're exposed to the corrupted world we live in, they know that they're living in a very scary world. The monsters are supposed to symbolize how perverted society/humanity can be and while the girl tries to escape and runs into the giant monster at the very end, that tells us there's no escaping from the depths of hell in this dark world we're born into.

A more simple explanation of this is a person that has never stepped into reality.
                • Like Like x 2
                • Artistic Artistic x 1
                  Orange, Dec 4, 2014 Last edited by Orange, Dec 4, 2014
                • Jan 5, 2012
                  • Funny Funny x 1
                  • Feb 2, 2014
                    Yeah i thought of this DyE video too. I couldn't remember the name, had to lurk on TheFineBros youtube channel to find it.
                  • Jun 20, 2013
                    Just seems like another weird way for Japanese to fap.
                    • Zing! Zing! x 1
                    • Jun 11, 2012
                      • Artistic Artistic x 1
                      • Oct 24, 2013
                        In Japan they have a saying for such envy of their culture, weeaboo.
                      • Feb 8, 2013
                        I usually consider weeaboos people who aren't Asian, because we all use to be one race, but yeah...

[IMG]
                      • Oct 24, 2013
                        Biologically race/strain are the same thing. If you take very large reproductive able organisms for instance fungi, every combination of the billion spores that create a single hyphae( fungal basic cell) from two seperate sexually combinable spores. You will end up with an easily identifiable differences which are a new strain and or race. We are not at all one single race. In fact your two I'm assuming white(?) parents had you then you are a new race. That is how evolution works. Small or large differences, even amongst Asians or Blacks they are different organisms from each other though they look slightly similar. If we were all the same race our species would be extinct in a short time span because the prokaryotes would be vulnerable to the same infections and die instantly. The fact of a person's appearance makes no difference and only serves to be seperated by genus. All that is truly required of a species is the ability to reproduce together. Japanese culture is not singularly identifiable as theirs and is an influence produced no more by just a japanese mindset but the influences of environmental conditions. The credit the japanese get for their randomness is more of a reflection of their bounds and limits experienced through a high nationalist mindset that almost all cultures do. We find it obscure and some even think they are genius simply because as the saying goes you are the company you keep. What you may think is a different way of thinking is just a reflection of environment and equally as possible anywhere else. If you watch certain films from the Mali-wood film genre replacing the actors with Asians you probably would give the false impression it was written by some obacure thinking Asian producer. My girlfriend has one of her masters in anthropology and still like all other humans occasionally gives false credence to different ethnic groups having qualities of behavior.
                        Essentially we've stereotyped Japanese people into being more silly than you or I with their humor when in fact German writers like Kafka were the predecessors for things like the human centipede movie or Italian films are well known for incredibly dark comedic endings that could easily have influenced such Japanese culturally significant films like the Guinea Pig series that convinced many idiots it was a real life snuff film.

Tl;dr the Japanese only get the credit they do for obscurity because a pseudo racial stereotype has been given to them which cloud many peoples views from seeing they are just as filled with minutiae as any other culture, they just have more monetary influence than other groups and seem only more comical because of a slightly racist humor that comes from laughing at someone visually different from your societies norm.
                      • Jun 11, 2012
                        Also Japan is like super smart in robotic and will make Gundam in 2 month. This asian dude from Oregon told me.