Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Minecraft Beta Server help

Discussion in Help Desk started by Jon, Jun 28, 2011

1. Apr 2, 2011
    Hey I have been trying to create a beta server for a few friends here on plaguefest, mainly because I wasn't added to the white list. A dedicated server for those that want to play legit minecraft with friends.... PROBLEM IS is that when ever I try to set up a server, I screw it up somehow, I don't know how but I do. I have followed step by step guides online and on youtube (which is also online.... >< ) anyways.... If anyone can help PLEASE DO!!!!
  2. Oct 10, 2010
    shame on you!

i did it successfully on Linux :razz:

is it Windows or Linux based?
  3. Apr 2, 2011
    Well aren't you special? ^^

4. May 16, 2011
    I have a linux slave lol. if you want army i can try and make the server on there instead.
  5. Oct 10, 2010
    i started a Windows server on my PC,
    it was a one click job ..

so whats the problem?
  6. Apr 2, 2011
    I get the server up, but no one else can join, and it isn't the firewall...
  7. Oct 10, 2010
    port forwarding in your router?

anyway, you should use a dedi machine what is 24/7 online,
    and hosted in a datacenter

almost better
  8. May 16, 2011
    I have a torrent slave that is online 24/7 but i dont use it much anymore and you could use it army :razz:
  9. Jun 19, 2011
    It's the port forwarding that's not done. Basically your router get this incoming request but doesn't know where to send the request to so it just denies it. If you set up the port forwarding correctly and point it to your computer correctly, then next time the router receives the request, it will send it to your computer.
  10. Apr 2, 2011
    ok then... uhm yea cool I totally know... how to get port forwarding to work (one of my problems :frown:
  11. Oct 10, 2010
    the default port for Minecraft is 25565
  12. Apr 2, 2011
    yep... patrick said he just figured something or another out... no need for this thread atm.... we will see... patrick said something about a linux 24/7 server box thing.... but he needs help figuring THAT out.... hmmmmmmmmm :confused:
  13. Oct 10, 2010
    you need install Java runtime,
    i can do it on Debian machines .. not on any other Linux