Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Minecraft Greifing

Discussion in Minecraft started by Taters, Nov 28, 2011

1. Mar 12, 2008
    Someone broke into my shit, want to find out who.

They stole something pretty important that took me a while to get.

was an enchanting table here, and someone went up and took the enchanting table straight out of my pad.

First Image

Second Imge

def need to find out who did this because it's stupid. not mad about the missing thing, but greifing in minecraft carries over to the servers, so I'd like to see this person punished for being a dick.
  2. Feb 12, 2011
    Lol @ the griefer covering up the hole with dirt.
  3. Aug 5, 2010
    Dude, this is not funny.
    Getting the materials to build that is a pain and a half an you just laugh.

Anyways ask Darkk if he can check fir you.
  4. Feb 12, 2011
    Yes, it is funny actually.

Just don't put something like that in a house above ground, lulz.
  5. Nov 29, 2010
    It's actually not. You don't play minecraft, stfu.

The server is still vanilla, we don't have anti-griefing measures yet and this wasn't above ground, so stop posting like a faggot and get your facts straight.

Holy shit you bring the worst out of me sometimes.
  6. Aug 25, 2009
    What are the materials needed to make an enchanting table? Perhaps I can spare some items to help you make a new one? If I even have the proper materials that is
  7. Jul 1, 2010
    We do have Hawkeye and WorldGuard, so the measures are there. Just haven't really been protecting anything. If this is going to become a huge issue we can start. Everyone needs to remember to read the rules and that bans from MC result in some type of ban from the other pF servers as well.
  8. Nov 29, 2010
    The materials to make it are easy to find, leveling it up is the tricky part, it took a group of people ages to level that one up.
  9. Jul 1, 2010
    The table was put back due to the griefing.. and once the bookshelves are there any table put down should be the level the bookcases allow.
  10. Sep 14, 2008
    See. This is why I don't want to play MC. People are such douchebags..
  11. Oct 27, 2010
    This is not a common occurrence and multiple people are willing to help replace the stolen property. Overall people are very friendly on the MC server.
  12. Nov 14, 2010
    World Guard is useless, there are ways around it unless an admin is willing to reserve an area of land for someone.

One of them being...
    Adding a pressure plate in front of a door (Peter...)

13. Jul 1, 2010
    That's not worldguard, LWC (door protection) allows a pressure plate to open the door. If you extend worldguard usage outside just a bit nobody but the owner can edit the land. Then you would have to toggle the use flag if you wanted people to be able to use things near the home. Peter's home hasn't been protected by worldguard as far as I know (just confirmed, no worldguard region).
  14. May 27, 2008
  15. Jan 12, 2011
    Hey Dharkk, did you and Haplo add the enchantment table to the list of LWP protected items? While I know that doesn't help this situation, it can prevent future thieving.

While some complain about the many levels of permissions I have in my place, this is exactly what I'm prepared for. Everything is privatized, with limited permissions to others. I also have materials to replace things should they be broken. While it obviously could be dug into, I'm sure the block-logging thing that's on the server can track that stuff, covering anything else that I can't do.

Taters, if you need anything else like bookcases, lemme know.
  16. Nov 14, 2010
    Can our castle-in-progress (Seeker/Peter/Me) be protected from this and other deterring things.

Ownership/Permission Override Rights:

-No Mob Spawning
    -No Mod Damage
    -No Entry

-No Build

Not only do I not want our stuff being stolen like what happened to taters, but these waves of creepers are really ruining the game.
  17. Feb 18, 2011
    Sorry it happened bro, if you need replacement items let me know. To add on to what happened to you, a few days ago people smashed a few of my windows. Out of curiosity, do people come on in the middle of the night when nobody else is on? Because there is no way people can do it without getting seen because all of our houses are too squished together.
  18. Nov 14, 2010
    This is turning into an episode of desperate housewives.

Drama in the neighborhood.

Someone's child is vandalizing our earnings & creations.

Where's the random hot cop that comes and saves the day and suddenly becomes a new main character!?

19. Mar 12, 2008
    You've probably never played minecraft before, and probably don't care, so you have no place posting anywhere in the minecraft forum, especially in a greifing thread calling it funny.

Oh, i found some more stuff for it, just took another 20 mins of digging. just a pain in the cock to gather em again. Then i saw it was replaced, lol. i've got one for trade, if anyone wants one.

@vad Thanks, i'll let you know. Pulse was kind enough to add me to his door protection in case i need any sugar canes/wheat etc

I have dyn map open at all times now. Too many people get close to the hovel to "check it out" and stuff ends up happening.
  20. Nov 14, 2010
    I'll give you so much dirt and sand!!! How about that?