Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Minecraft

Discussion in News started by Brian, Dec 7, 2010

1. Apr 9, 2007
    The Auth server is back up, so probably not :unsure:
  2. Jul 11, 2007
    I think you can. I've read threads on Warez-bb about being able to. You have to get a specific version and follow the instructions to the line.
  3. Jul 14, 2010

if it is i could play but u dont gotta do this just so i can play just wondering if im ever bored and would play

im on this site reading that allows payed/registered and cracked/unpaid players to play.
  4. Jun 4, 2006
    We're not going to change anything on MC to accommodate people that don't buy the game, so try out a cracked one and see.
  5. Mar 12, 2008

also is there any prop protection? or is it prone to griefers
  6. Aug 13, 2010
    Yes and no, there is prop protection. There is protection at spawn for a few several blocks due to cuboid. You have to ask ryan to make a territory for you (cuboid). Cuboid will not allow people to break anything and your chests :smile:, and they cannot build unless ryan gives them build rights.
  7. Mar 12, 2008
    So i heard that its gonna get canned now. thats a shame.

I've got nothing but free time, and running a minecraft server sounds like fun. What would i need to do?

i wanted to show off the new skin i made :\

[IMG]
  8. Jun 4, 2006
    Who said it was going to get canned? It was updated to beta and shit broke. Ryan's working with the devs doing hmod and hopefully the server will be back up soon.
  9. Aug 13, 2010
    He's updating hmod with other devs? So you guys aren't gonna wait 3 more days for Hey0 to update the mod?
  10. Mar 12, 2008
    I thought that it was getting canned. i heard that nobody was going to work on the server. nobody ever tells me these things. also my question still stands. what steps do i take to host/run a server? thinking of makin one for myself and my group of trusted builders :razz:
  11. Mar 16, 2008
    gtfo, Ryan gave me diamond crap to start and I got addicted. I play it a lot now and I can't wait for plugins to be fixed so I stop getting pk'd :<
  12. Aug 18, 2006
  14. Jun 4, 2006
    We should at least hold on to the MC server until that C++ mineserver is stable. If we test it on that and it's still using too much then yeah.. might not work out after all. And Ray, it was using 100 probably cause there was 40 players in and it was chaos. No protection whatsoever, fires everywhere.

And Taters, just get the minecraft server for windows and run that. Since it's in beta now I don't know what plugins currently work but you can check the minecraft forums.
  15. Mar 16, 2008
  16. Jul 14, 2010
    can someone ask ryan to make the server online-mode-false so i can play :smile: it wont affect normal plays any but ive been trying to ask for days and he always afk :frown:

if its not any trouble :razz:
  17. Aug 13, 2010
    He's not going to change the online-mode=false just for you. Go buy the game yourself. Im not trying to be mean in anyway. You should've bought it during alpha, but that sucks for you I guess. Anyway if the mc server allowed cracked clients, wouldn't that bring a bad name to plaguefest?
  18. Jun 4, 2006
    People who run cracked clients are often griefers. It's not worth it.
  19. Jul 14, 2010
    for one isnt there anti grief mods? 2, couldnt u like do some type of whitelist here and have ppl post here if they want a play and 3, its only 1 line of text to a server config i think, :frown:.
  20. Nov 21, 2010