Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Fixed Mini Games Spawn Point Generator

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by Tony the Tiger!! :D, Mar 7, 2014

1. Feb 27, 2012
    The Spawn Point generator messes with certain maps that require only a few players on one team, such as Smash Cannons. It's only supposed to have 2 Terrorists, but it auto balances and makes more than 2 T's. The extra T's that don't control the cannon just sit there. Would it be possible to disable the plugin for this map? Or at least change the value of mp_autoteambalance.
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
    • Feb 24, 2011
      ^This please very much yes, muyo el bieno!

This might be going over the top, but would it also be possible to make some kind of plugin/script for these kinds of maps which would force the players to change teams after X rounds?
      • Mar 16, 2008
        • Feb 3, 2012
          Glad this was brought up. It's been a problem for a while. :razz:
          • Apr 9, 2007
            If it's under 10 on that team it shouldn't be active.
            • Jan 25, 2014
              Thank you tony I really enjoy this map and having everyone complain because the teams made me disappointed.
            • Feb 27, 2012
              There was about 8 of us this morning, and smash cannonsz only has 2 terrorist spawns.
            • Oct 13, 2011
              We just played smash cannons and auto team balance was active. There was about 15-16 players. Had to change the map.
            • Feb 27, 2012
              • Informative Informative x 1
              • Apr 9, 2007
                I'm very confused by this. Are you sure it only has two spawn points for the T's? or is the actual problem here just autoteambalance?
              • Feb 13, 2014
                The issue is autoteambalance. It needs to be disabled as there are only two cannons available for T to use. There should only be two Ts vs however many other players on the CT team.
              • Feb 27, 2012
                There's only 2 spawns. just decompiled the map to be 100% sure.
                [IMG]
              • Apr 9, 2007
                So the actual problem here is autoteambalance.
              • Feb 27, 2012
                Shouldn't it say the terrorist team is full if they try and join, since it only has 2 spawn points?
              • Apr 9, 2007
                This is maybe fixed, no one provided a map name or anything so I guessed.
              • Jan 25, 2014
                and that if players would have to be forced to change teams every few rounds or randomize the 2 terrorist spawns.
              • Apr 9, 2007
                Okay, now I'm really confused... You've named two components that are breaking this, one being the spawn point generator, which shouldn't be possible. The second being autoteambalance, which throws clients around. If it's the former, it isn't AutoTeamBalance, if it's just the latter... it isn't the former. There's a definite red herring here, just no one's said what, yet.
              • Feb 13, 2014
                There only needs to be two clients on the terrorist team, as there are only two cannons to be used. The map constantly autoteambalances when we try to circumvent the autoteambalance by rejoining the CT side. The Terrorist side needs to be limited to where there are only two clients to be allowed on that team. If there is a way to have the server randomly select these two clients out of the total connected, while leaving the rest on the CT side, it would be perfect. As it stands since we played about an hour ago, once a CT dies they either have to be moved to spec or do it themselves to prevent the server from placing more than two on the T side with autoteambalance. I hope that explains it a bit better.

EDIT: From what I've seen, having two terrorist spawn points isn't the issue. It's the server forcing more than two people onto the terrorist team after 2 rounds of imbalance.
              • Feb 27, 2012
                I only assumed it was the Spawn Point generator making new spawns, i probably assumed wrong. If there are only 2 spawns, it should by default not allow any more people join terrorists and autobalance won't happen, as well as say that the team is full if you try to join it. But, this is not happening, and people can still join the terrorist team.

It never used to autobalance people in the past, from what i remember, and it never used to let more than 2 people join terrorists. mg_smash_cannonsz is the map i am referring to, i thought it put that in the OP, but i guess i forgot. It has been like this for a while, just that nobody ever said anything.
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Feb 27, 2012
                  It is fixed, autobalance doesn't happen, and only 2 people can join T's. Thanks for the fix!