Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Minigame server

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by tallahassee, Aug 22, 2011

1. Jul 13, 2011
    Ok we have 3 smee towers on the minigame server, can we change it up and enable all the weapons to make the smee towers a little more interesting? (I just want awps to be honest)
  2. Feb 1, 2011
    We used to have awps on smee and it was lame. Spawn killing etc. They were restricted for a reason.
  3. Jul 13, 2011
  4. Jul 4, 2011
    Make the CT's spawn at the bottom of the house?
  5. Sep 26, 2010
    It's less likely one will be spawn killed if awps are restricted however. I've had first hand experience with T's, carrying shotties, jumping out of windows and capping poor CT's trying to storm the entrance but it's rather difficult to achieve this feat before committing suicide. Basically it comes down to AWPS ARE CHEAP AND LAME SO GROW A PAIR AND USE ANOTHER WEAPON.

-Muff
  6. Mar 16, 2008
    I would be for it if one team had Awps and the other didn't but I disabled it for both teams because the map was being played by all of CT with Awps and any T who would jump out the window or peak his head out would get shot before they could do anything 5 times over. This included people getting shot mid-air. Awps ruin Smee so we disabled it and forced you to use closer range weapons.
  7. Jun 26, 2011
    Maybe you guys should just make a hidden spot to get only 2 awp? like the one with AK on the roof and M4 at the bottom.
  8. Apr 2, 2011
    For Smee Towers, the only improvements I have for it, is spawning the CT's in side the building, because you don't know how many times I have tried to get to cover IMMEDIATELY as the round starts, but someone on top manages to keep hitting me... or a scout and my health goes from 100 to 46 in the first 5 seconds of the map.... it really hurts the CT's, to the point of being unfair in my opinion... but meh... I kinda dislike Smee anyways.... :confused:
  9. Jun 25, 2011
    or you could just run like hell 45 % someone is just hit when they fire and 20% they get a kill the rests are misses
  10. Aug 18, 2006
    This. We don't need THREE of the same maps on the server. Every time the "Recently Played" cycle starts getting reset, a Smee Tower variant is one of the first maps that ever gets played, so the server is on a Smee variant a third of the time, leaving the server to play actual MG maps the remaining two thirds of the time.. Smee is not even a MiniGames map.
  11. Jul 14, 2010
  12. Aug 18, 2006
    That's why it hasn't been removed. I still don't understand why so many people like Smee Tower. I still think we should only have 1, maybe 2 variants. 3? No.
  13. Jun 10, 2011
    Well we had the original, then someone edited it to shitly place a skybox on it, which looks absolutely awful imo

Then Josh stole a different version from some Russian server

Then Detonater created a new pF version.

To be honest we should just keep our Deto/pF Smee. If we need 2 then at least put the original back on rather than the badly edited or Russian ones...

No AWPs though obviously. Fuck that for a laugh.
  14. Mar 16, 2008
    I wanted to do this but been unable to chose which. The maps are completely different from each other.
  15. Jul 14, 2010
    Original smee must be kept because i. Detos version is unique and fun, custom made for pf as well. The ig version has the weird skybox but it's very unique and fun as well. :confused:

Fuck awps :grin:
  16. Jun 30, 2011
    How about instead of having THREE, Smee Towers we just have one? im sick of an hour and a half of smee all at once. Smee is not a bad map but it is definitly overplayed. :/
  17. Jul 13, 2011
    Can u at least put mg_fishing back on the map list, lots of people are sad that it's gone (and it's better than buses from hell)
  18. Jun 30, 2011
    Since when did they take fishing off the list? :/
  19. Aug 18, 2006
    Completely? Do you call Lila Panic remakes completely different to? They are literally map retextures with minor prop/hallway/vent tweaks... :confused:
  20. Jul 13, 2011