Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Miss used perm ban

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by Σ₱ĮcĐεოįC, Apr 19, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apr 17, 2012
    I was currently perm banned for mic spamming on the mg server and under the rules defined in this website perm ban is not under the punishments. I then after perm banned for pretty much no reason i logged in on my other account to protest to ban to the admin who did it to me and was perm banned a second time with no response from the admin. i submitted a protest ban and got the reply back "You weren't perma-banned for mic spam; you were permabanned for logging in with a different account to avoid the original ban. The ban will stay." but on the 3rd ban here http://bans.plaguefest.com/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=Σ₱ĮcĐεოįC&Submit=
    it shows i was perm banned for mic spam this was the first ban. So what im saying is if i was in the wrong to change accounts to protest this ban wasn't the admin who banned me in the wrong to perm-ban me in the first place? Thanks.
  2. Jan 8, 2012
    Well for one he wasn't wrong for banning you again the second time, why would you get perm banned on one account then be allowed to still play again?

For two, need some more information on the admin, maybe some screenshots, to me perm banning for mic spam is a little harsh unless you were doing something bad like saying racial slays, or you were warned several times. Maybe even tried to avoid a mute by reconnecting, things like that can get you perm banned.

Waiting on admin to respond.
    s3th, Apr 19, 2012 Last edited by s3th, Apr 19, 2012
  3. Apr 17, 2012
    have no SS was long time ago but in anyway the reason that was given on the first ban was Mic spam if it was for something that could have been perm banned then why wasn't that the reason? i understand about the second one for logging on a different account but if "proper" action was taken i would have not had to use it to protest the ban
  4. Jan 8, 2012
    The thing is you don't go get a new account to log on just to go in a server to "protest" as you say a ban. You come on the forums and make an admin abuse thread, if you did so the first time you were banned it might of saved you. But rejoining several times, with different accounts just makes you look suspicious in the end. So as I said the right thing to do was you should of just came on forums at the first time of the permban. I don't know how things will play out considering you tried to rejoin.

But you are right in the aspect their should of been warnings etc., but once again we will have to wait for his side of the story.
  5. Apr 17, 2012
    Well in any aspect it should not be perm ban im cool with a week or even a month ban if that's what seems needed but perm seems extremely out of the necessarily punishment for the reason of my ban
  6. Jan 8, 2012
    A lot of things are up to an admins discretion, depending on how severe the mic spam was and what was said if anything. Once again wait for the admin to respond and see what he has to say. I'd recommend not arguing with his decision, just keep calm, provide your point, then hopefully it all works out. Don't go saying this should or should not be this or that as it may of been just what was needed.

Hold off for a bit and check back later to see if this has updated.
  7. Apr 17, 2012
    Im personaly not saying how it should be done the servers rules are. And im calm its just 1 clan but it is highly annoying to not be able to join some of my friends. I'm not a child and nor do i act like one. reason this has taken over a month for me to post a protest.
  8. Mar 6, 2012
    I believe the initial ban advised of evasion of the mute/gag. If this is correct:

8.) Do not use out-of-game methods to avoid getting muted or gagged.
    Punishment: Warn -> Temporary Ban(1hour to 1day length)

Now since you decided to personally attack him when you got back in, I can see why it would have been moved to a temporary ban. (I cannot verify if it started as a permanent ban from the start or not). Once you got a ban at all, you should not have gone back on to the server with another account. This would have quickly changed your bans across all accounts to permanent. The only issue I see with seeker's handling is he put no proof of his bans. With that being said, you have admitted here that you were mic spamming.

With the situation of the mute, if your mic spamming is issue enough you can be muted before warning is issued.
    If you disconnected to avoid mute then came back in and attack seeker personally, he should have kicked you.
    Knowing that you would just rejoin and continue to attack him, I can see why he banned you even if I do not agree with it.
    Rejoining to then accost him under another account is definitely a perma ban.
  9. s3th
    This message by s3th has been removed from public view. Deleted by s3th, Apr 19, 2012.
    Apr 19, 2012
  10. Apr 17, 2012
    first of all i think u use attack in wrong context no offence i came at him peacefully asking why i was banned and the first ban was perm from the start. He muted me first so i typed out asking why then he stopped that so i rejoined because it was childish of him as for proving this i have no SS but i have someone who was there and saw this happen. Now with that being said is there anything that can be done to solve this ( I am patiently waiting.)
    Σ₱ĮcĐεოįC, Apr 19, 2012 Last edited by Σ₱ĮcĐεოįC, Apr 19, 2012
  11. Jun 4, 2006
    You should just wait for Seks (Seeker) to respond and go from there as s3th already said. He's been alerted of the thread and will respond as soon as he's able. Everyone else that's responded thus far has had _nothing_ to do with your ban and what they're saying will not affect the outcome of this report/ban. You can spend your time arguing with them if you like, though. I'm going to :sleepy: - Good luck. See you all in ~8 hours, maybe, if I wake up. :sidefrown:
  12. Apr 17, 2012
    i am waiting sorry if i try to reply to messages when someone directs a reply to me ill refrain till seks or u says something i guess i was in the wrong again? sorry...
  13. Jan 21, 2011
    I originally banned him for an hour for avoiding the mute and gag I gave him. About 5 minutes after that, he logged on with the second account and evaded the original ban. I perma'd the second account and edited the first ban to reflect his avoiding the punishment.

Also, if I recall correctly, you came back on the second account claiming you couldn't be banned.

Edit: look at the times on the bans. I rarely ban anyone for under 60 minutes. He clearly evaded the ban.

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk 2
  14. Oct 29, 2010
    Seems this case is closed, locking it up.

Two abuse threads within 3 hours of each other not knowing misuse is one word made me giggle though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.