Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Missing grass spites

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by enano_salvaje, Aug 1, 2011

1. Dec 17, 2009
    So I'm working on the final touches of my map, and for the ground textures I am using cs_militia's ground textures with the foliage and sand. The texture theoretically should spawn the grass sprites even in Hammer, but nothing. So when I compile I get the messages:

Material NATURE/BLENDMILGROUND004_2 uses unknown detail object type militia_sand_grass!

Now why can cs_militia access this file, but zm map won't? And how can I get it to work?

enano_salvaje
  2. Dec 17, 2009
    Also to add to this, I just finished some beta testing with my friend, and he had described soundscape problems before when mine were fine, so I tried some simple fixes; this time he hosted, and soundscapes were fine for him, but for me, my outdoors were playing indoors (drips and creaks), my underground played outdoors (birds), and indoors were playing my other outdoors (crickets and birds). Any ideas on this too?
  3. May 15, 2011

All the advise I can give is to refresh your SDK content and reset game configurations.

I don't really know what they do but I know they fix problems. :3

Or you could wait until a more competent mapper posts.

But that may be awhile.

Things move pretty slow here.

So just be patient.
  4. Dec 17, 2009
    Thanks, I'll give that a shot. But of course more suggestions are always welcome :smile:
  5. Dec 17, 2009
    Well I decided to just go ahead and go with the preplanted soundscape scripts of aztec and dust2. It seems to work fine :smile:

New issue though, I added rain to my map, func_precipitation I believe it is. Anyways, is there any block to keep it from raining underwater?
  6. Mar 25, 2011

And just cut off the trigger block above the water to stop it from doing that. That's what i did back awhile ago at least.

By the way you should join the mapping contest. check the portal.

Edit: I'm getting off now, probably won't be able to respond until tomorrow.
  7. Dec 17, 2009
    I gave up on the grass issue for now. I'll try and get back to it when I get some good time to dedicate to searching.

EDIT: I just tried that, and the func_percipitation works like a cloud, so anything under it too get the rain...

As for the mapping contest, I will definitely take a peek at it.

Thanks!
  8. May 17, 2011
    I suggest doing some research on the file detail.vbsp, try this link: http://www.interlopers.net/tutorials/33402

The default one is located in your cstrike folder, and it does not have a militia_sand_grass entry which is why your displacement isn't being populated with grass sprites.

Inside of your textures .vmt file, there will be a line:
    Code:
    "%detailtype" "militia_sand_grass"
    This refers to the detail.vbsp, but since its missing that entry it spits out an error. The detail.vbsp simply tells the compiler what textures to put sprites on, what sprites to use, how many, how dense, their size, etc. You can use custom detail.vbsp's as well. In hammer, select it by going to the pull down Map -> Map Properties. You can also use a custom detailsprites if you wish.

If you have any questions let me know, I managed to get it to work using that tutorial I linked. Its a bit confusing at first but simple once you understand it. Good luck :smile: