Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Missing map error.

Discussion in Help Desk started by Pearlsnaps, Jun 22, 2013

1. Sep 8, 2012
    So this used to only happen to me sometimes, but now it's an every time thing when I don't have the map. It gets annoying to search on the internet to find the maps so now I'm looking for a fix.

I've also tried
    cl_downloadfilter all in console
    cl_allowdownload 1 in console
    Settings - Multiplayer - Allow all custom files from server

What it looks like:
    View attachment 5528
  2. Feb 27, 2012

Your image is broken. But you've made sure you don't have the map in your maps folder? Because it could be corrupt in your maps folder, and the game can't overwrite it.
  3. Sep 8, 2012
    That was just an image I found in google images. I'm sure I didn't have the map because Dopescope showed me MG so I decided to join his game. I rarely join MG and couldn't download any of the maps in-game.
  4. Feb 9, 2012
    i had this problem before. the real fix is that u gotta have internet explorer as ur default.
  5. Jul 23, 2012
    delete the map from your map folder then retry downloading it from whatever server you're trying to join. if that doesn't work, go to gamebanana or whatever and download it from there and put it in your map folder.

idk, just a suggestion that worked for me when css thought i didn't have predator.
  6. May 27, 2012
    Remember that there are two maps folders. They download to the one in Download. I know you said you don't have it, but check anyway.
  7. Mar 30, 2013
    The cstrike/download/maps is very bad :frown:
    you can't play maps that are in this folder, on a LAN server.

but the solution if you still have this problem, is to Download these maps by Gamebanana. I add this problem with about 20 maps :razz: and I played the map Minas Tirith, just one year after the release :frownbig:
  8. May 27, 2012
    You can always move them to the main maps folder though.
  9. Mar 30, 2013
    Ofc i did that. But if Valve can fix this little problem, it could be good
  10. Sep 8, 2012
    Well I have been downloading the maps from gamebanana but it gets really annoying. Sometimes they're hard to find, but I guess I just have to do it.
  11. Mar 30, 2013
  12. Sep 8, 2012
    Yes I know, but it gets annoying when I have to do it every time I don't have the map when playing a new game mode I don't usually play. Thank you though.