Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Missing map

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by EM|Ginger Gone Wild, Aug 4, 2013

1. Feb 19, 2011
    I am missing map "ze_UT2004_convoy_v1" It goes to that screen when I click to join the server when this map is being played.
  2. Jul 14, 2010
    Try downloading it from gamebanana (Or look in maps suggestion thread for same dl link given), or deleting it in the cstrike/download/maps folder then downloading it from pF again. Alternately it could be an issue with pF Fastdl and an incorrectly uploaded or unfinished uploading map. I'd try the first 2 options and then post back.
  3. Dec 6, 2011
    I had the same problem, I had to manually DL it. I didn't have any trace of it in my maps folder either. Might be the Fastdl.
  4. Jun 4, 2006
    This usually happens when the server is put on a map whose name doesn't match the case sensitivity of the file name.

If your quoted map name is accurate, then this is exactly what happened. I'm guessing this occurred when Brett changed the map manually, as the mapcycle has the map name correctly. The file name is ze_UT2004_Convoy_v1.bsp.bz2, not ze_UT2004_convoy_v1.

Case sensitivity is a son of a bitch.
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dec 6, 2011
      Why would it accept it if the letter case was wrong?
    • Feb 11, 2012
      I had this same problem. Tried joining the server and it said "Missing Map" just like GingerGoneWild, so i went to look in my cstrike folder and it wasnt even there so i went to GameBanana and found out it only has v1_1 not v1. @SubDelt@ also told me that pF only has v1 and hasn't updated to the new version yet or it could be what Penguin said there might be an issue with the pF Fastdl.

Edit: Just saw Brian's post. Took me a while to write was kinda going in and out of the game :razz:
    • Jul 14, 2010
      I think he put it on the older version of the map, and someone removed that version from the fastdl for the newer one, that makes sense.
    • Jun 4, 2006
      srcds doesn't care about case sensitivity and will accept it, and if you have that map already you can join just fine, but when a client joins that doesn't have the map, it tries to serve them the incorrect case version of the map name, and that map doesn't exist (we're on linux which is case sensitive and the server can't find it on the SSD), so you get hit with 'map missing'. Fast DL is also case sensitive, so it wouldn't be able to download from there either.

It's still on Fast DL. Issue was case sensitivity.
      • Informative Informative x 3
      • Apr 4, 2009
        I was about to start a LOTR event when we found out there was an issue, had to skip the voted extend to start it early.

Let's say it made some people complain since they don't understand the issue of people not being able to connect. :bugeyes:
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Dec 6, 2011
          Should probably tag all admins then so they're made aware of this. Thanks for explaining, it was funny, I usually do try to match everything to the map name.
        • Feb 19, 2011
          Thanks for your help guys and for your informative discussions. I don't mean to be a pain, but I found another issue with my files. It seems that my counter strike files are all missing. What do I do now? I can seem to find them anywhere.

files
        • Apr 4, 2009

Use the search tool on your comp to look for the Counter-Stike Source folder.

[IMG]
          • Informative Informative x 1
          • Feb 19, 2011
            Thank-you Haplo for your help. I was able to find it and move it to the correct location. thanks everyone for your help.
          • Mar 30, 2013
            Your game will be broken now :frown:
          • Feb 19, 2011

EDIT: What I meant was, I found the CSS files in a folder that was for my college research papers under documents. How that folder got in there, I have no freaking clue. I was looking in the wrong place and I did the search that Haplo did and was able to find it in there. Everything in the game is working fine.
            EM|Ginger Gone Wild, Aug 4, 2013 Last edited by EM|Ginger Gone Wild, Aug 4, 2013