Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Missing Maps

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Seraphine, Jun 12, 2011

1. Jul 23, 2010
    It has been happening for days. In minigames, GG, and the zombie servers.

2. May 5, 2011
    Oh is that why you kept disconnecting? I saw you join then disconnect thought you didnt wanna play anymore lol
  3. Jul 23, 2010
    Yeah. I want to play but I can't.
  4. Jun 4, 2006

Edit: Not sure if that did it. Changed the sv_download URL to a direct URL to the FastDL server, rather than passing through a CDN/DNS - but this has been working fine for a majority of the players so it makes me believe these issues are client-side. However, there's been more reports of this than usual lately... at any rate FastDL files aren't web content and shouldn't be passed through a CDN/DNS anyway so that's sorted regardless.

Who knows maybe that was the magic fix, if not Kyle seems to have some ideas as to what could be causing it but he would need to talk with someone experiencing the issue on steam. Give him a shout if it continues to happen.

Edit2: nvm, that actually fucked it up, had to revert.

No idea why it would be working for some and not others.

Edit3: Completely disabled the CDN/DNS for now, all traffic will not be routed through anything except directly to the fastDL server, we'll see if the issues cease... I highly doubt they will though.
  5. Jul 23, 2010
    I just did a completely clean install on a computer that hasn't had Steam and got the same error.
  6. Jul 23, 2010
    I tried other servers. I can connect no problem. None of the pF servers will let me.
  7. Apr 9, 2007
    1.) Site5 is failing (Dropping out).
    2.) ServerSecure has a bug.
  8. Jun 4, 2006
    Why it works for the majority of the players but not some is bizarre, especially on clean installs. If the nginx server is ready to go (or are we going to try GWAN again?) I'll transfer over the Fast DL content. I just need to know if it's all set. Gonna end up doing it eventually anyway. I'll need to make FTP accounts for it and shit... eh maybe I'll tackle this tomorrow...
  9. May 7, 2011
    im having the same problems....
    What do i do? it either says missing map or "(map name) disconnecting"
    ive done what kyle have told me to do but it still won't work
  10. Jun 4, 2006
    I wonder if there's any relation between everyone that's having the issue... at any rate I'm going to look into getting Gwan (stable/fast webserver for serving static content aka fast dl files) installed tomorrow with Filipe and hopefully getting the FastDL setup on that. No idea if it will fix the issues but it will be an improvement for FastDL overall so it's worth a shot regardless.
  11. Jul 23, 2010
    Thanks for your hard work in trying to fix it guys. I appreciate it.
  12. Apr 9, 2007
    Just to update this... We're waiting on Pierre to release a fixed version of G-WAN (ETA 4 days).