Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Mission accomplished

Discussion in In The News started by Dr.Tommy Oliver, Jun 30, 2014

1. Feb 5, 2013
    • Nov 29, 2012
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Sep 14, 2008
        Some people can't just live in peace. Fricking extremists...
      • Jul 20, 2010
        Why I always said we should just glass the whole ME.
        • Agree Agree x 3
        • Feb 5, 2013
          Probably the same reason why we didn't nuke the whole of Japan in World War 2.
          A nuclear attack on the middle east would be devastating, not only on the middle east but us as well.
          Not to mention the fact, every country on Earth will be up in arms against the US.
        • Jul 20, 2010

Don't need a nuke to glass the ME, just use napalm or MOAB's.
        • Feb 5, 2013
          We try that in Vietnam.....it didn't work out so well against the fisherman.
        • Jul 20, 2010
          Actually it worked really well we had pushed them back to the North/South borders. The issue is that the military wasn't allowed to finish the job which is destroy the Norths army and government, instead the politicians forced the military to go into a defensive mode and simply try to hold a line. When you fight on the defensive you let the enemy dictate the flow of war and battle.
        • Feb 5, 2013
          Have you ever heard of Agent Orange? Many of our Vets came home with certain disease's after the use of Napalm.
        • Jul 20, 2010
          Agent Orange wasn't Napalm -_-.
        • Aug 7, 2012
        • Oct 11, 2012
          Since the ROE changed when Obama took office we have technically been on the defensive due to the horrendous ROE constraints we are being unnecessarily placed under.
        • Jul 20, 2010
          I actually wrote a research paper on how ROE's made by politicians lead to soldiers dying unnecessarily. Its pretty scary how much the Military has to change their ROE's to whatever the politicians order. The J-6's if I remember correctly(don't have the paper and been years) would draft up ROE's after that its passed onto the legal attache for the President and they go over the ROE's. After the legal attache makes any changes at the request of the President or his appointed advisers, the ROE's are sent back to the J-6 and those ROE's are then sent out across the Units.

Most of the ROE's if not all severely undermine the military and place soldiers under an unnecessary amount of risk, shit some politicians wanted to stop using cluster munitions and other heavy ordinance because it was too devastating against the enemy.

There tons of books and written essays by military members about how ROE's can do more harm than good if taken too far.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Oct 11, 2012
            I was going to say... I'd love to read it and see someone else's perspective on this. Based on my own research the ROE can single handedly change the tide of war.

If you look farther into this you'll see politics playing a huge part in who is being promoted amongst the high ranks of each branch. There have been intentional promotions and demotions to carefully place selected individuals in the right places to retain control further down the ranks. When you take this into account, it should be no surprise the ROE significantly changed and changed in favor of the enemy.

This. Big time this. Statistics show the vast majority of combat related causalities were due to IEDs. After the MRAP program pushed MRAPs into the theater the number of combat related casualties plunged. The year over year casualty count rose beginning in 2008 after the ROE change. Now some of this can be attributed to the shift in focus from Iraq to Afghanistan as well as the "troop surge", but I think the biggest telling factor that displays the ROE totally undermined our objective and military lives is the number of "catastrophic" occurrences rose significantly. Since 2008, we have had very many "deadliest days" where we lost 10+ in single battles. Why? I personally think it's attributed to the ROE.

A good book that has a strong focus on this is called Betrayed. Written by the father of Aaron Vaughn (Seal Team 6) who was killed when Extortion 17 was shot down killing 31. Admittedly this book is very biased/conservative, but it does offer a lot of hard evidence (and citations) for what it presents.
          • Jul 20, 2010
            It was supposed to be a 10 page research paper for my last english glass in college but it ballooned into a 40 page paper, many long nights were spent in pulling research and analyzing different books and essays about ROE's and what harm they can do. One specific one that I liked was written by a Air Force JAG officer it centered around a friendly fire incident where a pair of Air Force pilots broke ROE's to engage what was anti-air rounds being fired at them. Turns out it was a Canadian Unit doing a night exercise that Allied Command was not made aware of and nor were the Pilots. The ROE stated to flee if fired upon, only thing was that the path to their base would take them through the path of the Anti-Air fire, they were bingo on fuel and couldn't loop around. They dropped two 500lb bombs to give them cover. Both pilots were brought up on charges of ignoring ROE's, not sure what happened to them since its been so long.
          • Feb 5, 2013
            Yes, I know.
            Post Merged, Jul 2, 2014

Napalm was more or less gasoline.

Agent Orange was a chemical defoliant that was used to clear large tracts of jungle and forest like terrain.

Our Vietnam Vets suffered from both Agent Orange and Napalm.
          • Jul 20, 2010

Napalm maybe if there were friendly fire incidents that's about it. No Vet came back or got a disease from the use of Napalm. Please try again.
          • Feb 5, 2013
            Most Vets did not came back from the use of Napalm, because they die from friendly fire incidents.
            There are only few Vet survivors of Napalm. Agent Orange was much more harmful to Vets than Napalm was.
            However that is not the point I am trying to make.
          • Feb 13, 2014
            Shuuuuush with this napalm agent orange child's blabber. I want to hear more educational opinions on ROEs as I've had first hand experience with shitty ones.
          • Feb 5, 2013
            http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/...gagement-Are-Costing-U-S-Lives-In-Afgahnistan
            Post Merged, Jul 3, 2014

This is why I consider Civilians leading the military is a bad idea.
            I think it's appropriate for Civilian leaders to tell the Military what to do.
            If they have Military experience that would be one thing.