Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Mitt Romney's Tax Plan

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Kyle, Oct 17, 2012

1. Apr 9, 2007
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Aug 2, 2010

And yes, his tax plan licks donkey hooves. "Let's cut taxes for the wealthy and FU middle class whores."
    • Dec 6, 2011

Ron Paul supporter all the way, nobody else.
    • Feb 21, 2007
    • Feb 18, 2011
      Binders full of women. Also 47%. Oh and money in Cayman Islands.
    • Mar 26, 2011
    • Feb 14, 2012

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    • Dec 6, 2011
      Not at all, but I wish he was. Too bad our country is still doomed from all of this corruption.
    • Aug 1, 2011
      Hehe moving matter. I see what you did there.
    • Jul 8, 2012
    • Nov 6, 2011
    • Mar 4, 2012
      He doesn't want to cut taxes for the wealthy. He wants to keep them the same by making the Bush tax cuts permanent.

Also, Vermin Supreme all the way.

• Sep 21, 2008

[IMG]
      • Like Like x 1
      • Aug 2, 2010
        Assumptions are everywhere thanks to the fact he won't disclose what his super awesome GTFO Obama tax plan is. "Sign here for this awesome deal guy! Don't worry about the goddamn details, just trust me on this."

Yes he plans to extend the Bush era tax cuts but he also proposed a corporate tax cut to help stimulate the economy. Sounds like Carnegie-era bullshit to me where the wealthy should hold on to our nation's money to ensure the country's money flow doesn't cease thanks to the ignorant masses.
      • Jul 8, 2012
        This seems just about spot on. It's like saying "Buy this brand new car, it's way better than your current one. But you don't get to know why, just trust me." Not someone I want in office.
      • Apr 9, 2007
        The sales person will take care of it for you, don't worry about the details.
      • Mar 4, 2012
        What's wrong with a corporate tax cut? Corporations don't pay taxes. They pass it on to their shareholders to pay or to the consumers by raising prices. America became one of the wealthiest nations on the planet during the late 19th century. I don't see what the problem with that is.

Also, there was no permanent and widespread (comparatively - most people still didn't have to pay it) income tax until the Sixteenth Amendment was ratified in 1913 so once again I don't really understand your criticism. What's wrong with being successful? And I hope you know Carnegie was one of the most charitable men in the history of the United States. He gave most of his money away creating countless universities, libraries, schools and even a pension fund for his former employees. But yeah go ahead and imply that he was a crook or that he didn't care about the common man.

And anyone that owns a business doesn't just hold on to their money. You're not making anything if it's just sitting in the bank. You've got to spend money and expand in order to make more.

Ford assembly line workers during the early 1900s made more money, adjusted for inflation, than Ford assembly line workers do now. There were no unions at that time and no minimum wage! So much for greedy capitalism.

Also, I don't think that Romney will be the next great president or anything of the sort. I just think he will do a better job than Obama based off of his claims. And yeah you can give me flak for that but when it comes down to it at the end of the day, the candidates can say whatever the hell they want and we won't know if they'll actually do what they say.

On the other hand I view Obama as a larger Bush. He's basically continued Bush's foreign policy, bailed out a bunch of companies on a larger scale than Bush (mistake, the banks and auto companies should have failed - trying to control the free market just doesn't work) and on top of all of that he wants to add Obamacare, which is unconstitutional in the first place let alone the vast amount of money it will cost.
        Benvolio, Oct 18, 2012 Last edited by Benvolio, Oct 18, 2012
      • Apr 4, 2009
        I was watching a news show last night and they released the numbers for Romney tax cut revenue raised by the deduction cap and it was only 730 billion, 4 trillion short of his promised 4.8 trillion.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/49263362#49457004

[IMG]
        Haplo, Oct 18, 2012 Last edited by Haplo, Oct 18, 2012
      • Jul 8, 2012
      • Aug 2, 2010
        Corporations DO pay taxes. Regardless of whether or not they raise their prices, taxes are taxes. When was the last time a company has come to you, the consumer, and said "We're dropping prices because the government cut our taxes!" Never. Tax cuts haven't done shit in stimulating our economy. It's done nothing but increase our deficit and create a larger gap between the classes. Companies post a higher profit thanks to paying less taxes but what does our job force look like? It's utter shit for the amount of business we do. We PAY to have our jobs exported to third world countries everyday.

I'll agree with you Carnegie was one of the most, if not the MOST, charitable American in our nation's history, and I never made him out to be a crook. I'm saying the mindset of that era is complete bullshit and needs to get thrown out faster than a herpes infected hooker. Yes most Americans at that time were uneducated and given cash money, they wouldn't know the proper way to spend that money. We live in a different world than from the late 1800's and the early 1900's where the vast majority of our nation's population have at least a high school education.

I make use of the tax cuts afforded to my companies by hiring Americans and veterans. Sadly a lot of large companies don't.

I could sit here and write an essay about my beliefs but there's no point. Your opinion is your opinion and my opinion of your opinion is that it sucks. We can agree to disagree.

P.S. Obama bailing out the banks and auto industry saved this country in more ways than I can count. Obamacare is not unconstitutional and it's a pretty damn good plan if you look at the details and what those details would do when firmly in place.
        • Like Like x 1