Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

mmmmm... lets go.

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by adinsx, Dec 18, 2012

1. Sep 7, 2010
    I think it would be awesome to see the best of the best fighting it out in ZE and ZM, MG. 6 maps to decide it all - I see a lot of people talking... So let's find out who is the best.

Lets do an event, the day after Christmas. Top scores on 2 of Zm and 2 OF ZE , 2 of MG, maps to decide which is the best, what do you guys say? Can we set this up?
    Anyone interested?

Post!

Extras to make it legit: your score per map /6 (the 6 is from a total of six maps, 2 ZM and ZE, 2MG) = total score. Given we decide the maps.. there is no prize except rep and knowing you're the best.

I suggest ZM_ Haunted House and ZM_ Neko Abura.. what do you think? Do you think we need to reload?

Being a ZM player, I think the hardcore Zm players have it over ZE and MG.. shall we find out?

post sluts :smile:
    Post Merged, Dec 18, 2012
    can almost promise zm players are > ze tho...

edit: idk why i didnt think about this but lets organize a zm and ze group to do it
    edit3: put mg into it... sorry bros.
    • Artistic Artistic x 1
      adinsx, Dec 18, 2012 Last edited by adinsx, Dec 18, 2012
    • Jul 14, 2010
      I think this is a neat idea, but I don't see how you can compare skill in two different game modes :razz:
      Still would be a fun event though :thumbsup:

ps: Mg players > all
    • Sep 7, 2010
      dude i totally forgot about mg... can we work this out? we need reps from all of the pf schools! 2 games from each?
    • Mar 23, 2012
      1. I will suggest for ZM: ZM_4way_tunnel; ZM_office_space (if that's the name)
      2. If you do a MG contest I will suggest:mg_smee_tower
      3. And for ZE: I don't really play a lot on ZE so i don't know.
      Techboomer, Dec 18, 2012 Last edited by Techboomer, Dec 18, 2012
    • Sep 7, 2010
      right on bro go for the zm tryouts shit is stiff tho

zm tunnel and office space for suggestion.. zm lords we gotta figure our shit
      adinsx, Dec 18, 2012 Last edited by adinsx, Dec 18, 2012
    • Mar 23, 2012
      Lol it's gonna take like year for me to be the best player or the second on ZM, it's been like 6 month i didn't play on the server, right now my rank must be like 700-800.:grin: I just suggest :smile:.
    • Sep 7, 2010
      took me 2 weeks bro... we got shit to sttle
    • Mar 23, 2012
      I guess you will see me 24/24, 7/7 playing on ZM.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Sep 7, 2010
        well i think we sholuld have tryouts for each realm as it goes for this specific match
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Nov 15, 2011
          I don't understand how fail_inc isn't listed here.

=P
        • May 31, 2012

By the way,
          You don't need to divide by six. Because you are applying it to everybody's score, it will be proportionally the same. Highest score between all six maps.

Can you compare between the three? I think so. Truly the best players will be talented enough to succeed in each map.
        • Nov 15, 2011
        • Dec 6, 2011
          You can't go by score in ZE. It'll just be point whores with auto snipers. Those who use P90's and pump shotty's are as big as help as auto snipers but don't get all of the kills.
          • Agree Agree x 3
          • Oct 29, 2010

All fear the cheater and despair.
            • Like Like x 1
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • Apr 12, 2012
              Your definition of "best player" needs some work...

As far as ZE goes, holding a competition for total amount of points scored is an extremely poor way to find the most skilled players. Are you going to reward the edger who screws the team over and gets 10 kills a round? Are you going to reward the guy who shoots predator the most but runs and door watches the rest of the round? Do you reward the guys who stay back and hold, or the guys who can go really fast to trigger buttons?

The vast majority of the skilled ZE players don't have their skill reflected in the scoreboard. Judging which players are best is a subjective thing based off how good they are at "teamwork" (and people have different definitions of THAT, too.. and then how do you define a set of qualifications for the judges?).

"can almost promise zm players are > ze tho..."

And I can promise that you have no idea what ZE is about if you think there is any way to compare the two.
              • Agree Agree x 4
              • Oct 17, 2011
              • Sep 6, 2010
                Good idea. We've had a competition event on all the servers at the same time before for the prices of free donator. I believe 1st and 2nd place from each server.
              • Sep 7, 2010
                calm down there spunky.... but you are right. any suggestions how ze can be judged fairly?
                • Like Like x 1
                  adinsx, Dec 19, 2012 Last edited by adinsx, Dec 19, 2012
                • May 5, 2012
                  But andrew is right, there is no way to reflect the score of a player to his skill ^^
                • May 14, 2011

Never speak.