Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

monster energy

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by cokelover58, Apr 7, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 30, 2011

in the demo i took monster energy camps a crouch spot and gets another player to get join him.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/n36kk0
  2. Dec 25, 2009
  3. Aug 18, 2006
  4. Jun 4, 2006
    I have to say I'm rather perplexed. This is an admin that's been with us for a while, has moved his way up to level 3, and all of the sudden he breaks one of the most common / enforced rules? And also invites other players to join him in the rule breaking? It just doesn't make sense.

What perplexes me more, though, is his most recent ban is for the guy that was in the vent with him. He failed and only banned him for 3 mins when in the reason it's obvious he meant 3 hours, but why did he ban this player? Reason was "2nd time after i warned you, see you in 3 hours" - since it was a 3 hour ban, my guess is the offense was rather small... but then again looking at all his past bans (grand total of 7), he doesn't follow the ban length guidelines in any of them:

[IMG]

Also he uses sm_csay to tell that player to "scoot back" and so forth, when that should just be said in regular chat... not as an announcement that appears in big letters on every single player's screen. Using csay is entirely unnecessary in this instance and should only be used for important announcements that need to catch attention. I guess I thought this was common sense, seems like it's one more thing I'll have to add to the rules / admin guide.

Awaiting a reply from monster before any action is taken.
  5. Dec 7, 2010
  6. Sep 25, 2010
    I ran into trouble before with Monsterenergy, he noclipped into us as a zombie to scare us. However, it was his little brother, monster apologised for his brothers actions. This could be his little brother hopefully.
  7. Jun 4, 2006
    Did you tell any higher ups he was sharing his account? Account sharing is a big no no and it will not get you out of any consequences. It's your responsibility who plays on your account, no one else's. Sorry to say but even if this was monster's brother he'll still have to take the hit. I am sick of admins sharing their accounts and I'm sick of the problems that stem from it.
  8. dfriedspam
    This message by dfriedspam has been removed from public view.
    Apr 7, 2011
  9. Mar 16, 2008
  10. Feb 21, 2007
    someone may want to point Monster Energy to this thread...
  11. Dec 7, 2010
  12. Mar 3, 2010
    Errr.....I wasn't even on my account. If I'm on pF, I'll most likely be using my mic. I have been away from CSS the last few days. Most likely, my brother was playing without my permission. I apologize for abusive actions taken by my account.

Won't happen again, hope my consequences aren't too severe.

Edit: I'll actually put a pass on my PC now.
  13. Google
    This message by Google has been removed from public view.
    Apr 10, 2011
  14. Mar 3, 2010
    I had it on auto sign on for steam is what it was.
  15. Mr. Hanky
    This message by Mr. Hanky has been removed from public view.
    Apr 10, 2011
  16. Seraphine
    This message by Seraphine has been removed from public view.
    Apr 10, 2011
  17. Jul 14, 2008
    http://plaguefest.com/index.php?/topic/5749-abuse-topics/page__pid__69599#entry69599

For all of you that keep forgetting Admin abuse threads are not for everyone to comment on:

If you are not directly involved in an abuse report, or a senior admin capable of handling it, DO NOT POST in the topic. I'm getting sick and tired of random admins jumping in to abuse threads and just putting their opinion in on something that they were not even present for. All you end up doing is making the situation worse, so don't jump in unless you have a valid reason to. Unless you can actually provide something to support or negate the abuse reports, then stay out of the topics.
  18. Google
    This message by Google has been removed from public view.
    Apr 10, 2011
  19. Aug 2, 2010
    Considering this subject has been addressed, :locked:

Here's a tip: When I was first starting off as an admin back in CS 1.1, I was told my admin should be guarded like a loaded gun. My account has the ability to wreak havoc on a server if I don't take the proper steps necessary to ensure my admin powers are only available to me, the admin that has been trained. Granted this was back in the day when admins had RCON as mods weren't out yet for admins, but it is a lesson I applied during the many years I've been an admin on various servers.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.