Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Moonlights roflicious

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by ::1/128, May 25, 2011

Do you like moonlights new roflicious more than the older version?

Yes 11 vote(s) 78.6%
No 3 vote(s) 21.4%
  1. Oct 27, 2010
    I don't mean to complain or insult any mappers but I have to say I have issue with the newest version of Roflicous. As far as I can tell, nearly everyone loved the older version of this map as it was one of the most enjoyed maps on the server. The new version has lost a lot of the magic that the old map had and has made thge map a lot less fun in my opinion :frown:. Some parts of the maps are nice improvements; The rectilinier halways help with congestion a great deal, the teleporting elevator makes more sense then the elevator of death (but it is still not perfect), the teleport to the "train area" is nice but it should be the teleport to the "playground", and I imagine its a bit more efficent. However I find the new skybox is unattractive and silly, the new teleport locations ruin some of the best spots on the map (glass box), the metal fences at the end of the hallways make the changes to the hallways useless, the blue ladder in CT spawn ruins that area. I thought I would make a topic on this since so many people were complaining when the map came up today.
  2. Oct 10, 2010
    all this changes you talk about was made by Random hero himself, not me xD
    this includes the 3d skybox, also the teleporter to glass spot on CT spawn.

the blue laddder was from me, also the teleporter to "Train-area" aka Playground

(playground sign was removed by Randomhero, i added it back)

also what i did was the fps gain part (areaportals and such shit)

most spots are untouched

of course, i can change porter to CT if you like this spot so much
    (i mean put it on the ground instead of glass top)
  3. Oct 27, 2010
    That would be nice. I don't really get why random added that skybox though.... it seems like it there because it could be there, not because it should be there :/.

Another change that would be nice is that the moneyboxes are back but can't be moved.... Chodda had a better idea with the vendys in place of the moneyboxes. If that could be put back in it would be better.
  4. Oct 10, 2010
    makes no sense block this way, since there is a new, hidden area behind it.
  5. Jan 30, 2011
    The tele upto the glass box makes it so humans have to watch two places at the same time, makes for better teamwork with the humans, aside from just watching the ledge for zombies.

I am very happy with this new map, enjoying it more then the old one that's for sure. :smile:
  6. Oct 29, 2010
  7. May 7, 2011
    I would be very upset if you removed the porter out of ctspawn, I personally love the stuff you did and that port gives me the giggles every time I use it.

(reason being: the spot is over powered and impossible to reach if more than 2 humans are up there)
  8. Oct 10, 2010
    lol i know, i holded it alone against a big bunch of zombies one time on choddas version xD
  9. May 7, 2011

Hahahahaha good times, and good job on all the maps you do; cant wait to see what you come up with next!
  10. Oct 10, 2010
    so whats about the fps/laggy part?
    is it fixed now?
  11. Oct 10, 2010

need an answer lazy guys
  12. Apr 9, 2007
    I think we're all happy with the map :shock: (With the exception of the OP of course).

Are there any outstanding issues that you're looking to be verified/tested?
  13. Oct 10, 2010
    the previous version lagged with 64 players,
    but since this i spend more 10 hours in the optimization part.

i wanna know if this lagg issue is fixed now
  14. Feb 1, 2011
    I haven't gotten much time to play it lately - I'll let you know how it runs on my computer which is a crappy mac laptop :razz: