Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

More Frequent Glitching

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by M_Infantry, Jun 26, 2011

1. May 6, 2011
    The last few weeks, I have been noticing myself and more players glitching into ceilings and each other. (ZM and ZM2)

I know this is common occurrence, as I played here often. But, the occurrence of glitching, has been highly more frequent than I'm used to observe. Usually the glitching occurrence that happens more frequently is either in the morning/early evening; when the ping is high and a lot of players like more than 40~50 are on. But, now I notice it more often at late night, when I am playing. Where the ping and no. of players are low.

I am posting this for the following reason,
    1. To confirm my own observation by other players,
    2. To be brought up to roots/LSA, if there is something to be concerned about,

(I apologize if Higher Ups feel this post should be in Troubleshooting/Help section)
  2. Apr 9, 2007
    What the hell is glitching?
  3. Feb 18, 2011
    more players=more lag=choppy preformance: thus moving in and out of solid objects. it happens on ZE alot.

less players=not sure, probably people. when a giant group of people get infected at once it happens, when 10 people talk on mics at once, etc. theres a lot of factors to take into consideration.
  4. May 6, 2011
    Glitching is an activity in which a person finds and exploits flaws or glitches in video games to achieve something that was not intended by the game designers. Gamers who engage in this practice are known as glitchers. Glitches can help or disable the player.

"Glitching" is also used to describe the state of a video game undergoing a glitch.

For example, Kyle whom is actually an Ai bot for the forum, is currently undergoing a "glitch". Which is glitching his programing to understand what is "glitching".

(I am joking......please don't take it too seriously. But, it is kind of :lol: )

(Sorry.....for the lousy joke. :wallbash: )
  5. Feb 18, 2011

I think he is asking WHAT is glitching in the server.
  6. Apr 9, 2007
    So you created this thread to get my attention, just to give no information more then something is glitching and it happens when you're not looking?

Thanks for the detailed recall, I'll get right on this. :mellow:
  7. Dec 25, 2009
    Kyle, I think he meant the frequency of players glitching into each other, and/or into ceilings and thus getting stuck is increasing.
  8. Feb 23, 2011
    Well yesterday, I had to reload my p90. RELOAD!!

on the panic server. It happened only once. But does that count as a glitch ?
  9. May 6, 2011
    Lousy joke. Sorry. :sweat:

But, I thought I was clear on what was glitching. And, thought you were rhetorical and trying to be funny with the question.

The avatars we run around with, the Counter Strike skins or the Zombies Skins, that we control. As you know they sometimes get glitched into ceilings, props, objects, or different skins (avatars), where they just get stuck there. And there is nothing we can do, except to ztele, or be teleported by someone.

The event of those types of glitch I found are occuring more often than usual, in the last few weeks.

If possible please let me steam you just in case I was still not specific.

Thank You.
  10. May 27, 2008
    "Kyle, players are glitching into other player models, props, and surfaces. Can this be looked into?"
    I found the question that was being asked.
  11. Oct 21, 2010
    Well back in the day we use to use Z-stuck to solve this problem. Does anyone remeber Z-stuck?

Also some people use glitch to jump through solid objects and stab you right in the ass.

12. Feb 17, 2011
    yeah i remember !zstuck
    i also remember zombies using it to glitch into cades haha

the glitching is normaly on some of the older maps .. where players can glitch into props by shooting them or by pressing use key while jumping on them
  13. Feb 21, 2007
    Players will glitch into each other if they are humping each other when the noblock script deactivates after the first few seconds of the round
  14. May 11, 2011
    Haha, I still have !zstuck binded from years ago. Now I just go to spectate (if I'm not already there) and teleport players who get stuck. But if there aren't any lvl 2's+, there's nothing that can be done if you can't !ztele before the zombies spawn. Most people don't know to !ztele before the zombies spawn and the two people that get stuck just stand there awkwardly and complain. This also isn't something that is done on purpose, (although if you are creative you could make it useful..), it just happens when there's a lot of players on. It depends on the map and it depends on the players, just like lag.
  15. Oct 21, 2010
    True that they would abuse the shit of Z-stuck on here. I to still have z-stuck binded. Thats is funny.

Glitchin is just part of the game.

16. May 15, 2011
    You guys are going off on something completely different.

What M is trying to say is not that people get glitched with each other, they are getting glitched in world geometry.

This should not happen. At all.

World geometry is the ground you walk on, the skybox, and any other brushes used to conceal the map/optimize it.

These brushes are solid and should be impassable.

As of lately it has become quite frequent to glitch into these brushes usually from jumping into it or getting shoved in by another player.

However, this only happens from the ceiling and never from walls/floor.

Thinking about that could it be the extra jump admins/donators get shove them through that extra bit and glitch?

Never mind I remember seeing normal participants getting stuck too.

It's been happening more lately than ever though and I think that's what M is getting at.

Not getting stuck in props. That is normal.
  17. Oct 21, 2010
    Yes dirt we know what that is. The way they fixed it before was to use a bind called z-stuck. It would allow you to get unstuck from a player or an item such as a vendy. The problem is people abused this feature big time. They would use it to z-stuck into caded rooms and through walls. Getting stuck has been happening since I have been playing CS. It is just part of the game.

18. Apr 9, 2007
    How am I to fix an engine issue without the source?

When in doubt, mail gaben@valvesoftware.com with your concerns.
  19. May 6, 2011
    Everyone, my post was about, observation in the more frequency of models glitching into one another, objects, and the game's geometry.

And I was asking for confirmation if anyone else also noticed this as well.

And to bring this concern to the Server Higher Ups.
  20. Dec 1, 2010
    I've noticed it more in zombieland the last week or two.

maybe it's one of the recent steam updates that caused this? either way if you need ss's or w/e let me know you know im always on there M_