Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

More Fun and More People...

Discussion in Website Feedback & Bugs started by M_Infantry, May 19, 2011

1. May 6, 2011
    I am not sure if I am the only one, but I am seeing a drop in number of players onto the server, and it is school out for a lot of college people too. However, that could be the cause too.

Wondering if it is possible to start online competition, to promote the site and allure more people to play. Also, to enhance the game play more for the people that are already on the server.

Such as a set time frame to achieve best kill points in different server games, or such day and such time range, the best player to get most points win prizes. Then we have the root Admins oversight the game.

The prizes can be,
    For example free donator skin for one month. If already admin or donator, get free extra month.
    And range to putting there name in a new map in bold ICONS or any original maps is on the server, or put there avatar images everywhere, saying silly or joking stuff, like "I AM NUMBER -1-" (know not funny, but you get the point).
    Creation of unique skin for the player....if that is possble, as I seen it done on Hellgamer's site.

I am just throwing my idea out, wondering if it is possible.

Looking forward to see peoples reply.
  2. Sep 26, 2010
    Sounds like a good idea for attracting people...usually one zm server is full by 12 central time but I've noticed if one is full, the other is totally devoid of any players (I haven't really played seriously enough on the other servers to know how they're doing)

is that what you're referring to?
  3. May 6, 2011

I play strictly on zombie mod 1 & 2...as well. But, the idea is more for ehancing the game play experience, also to promote the other server games as well for those of us who rarely play on them. For example, the Lilipanic server, I don't think there are as many people playing on it as when it was first launched. Maybe just me then, cuz I rarely see the server's full on zombie mod 1 & 2 these days.
  4. Oct 21, 2010
    *Well I figured I would chime in on this topic.

*I also watch the numbers of the servers. The pattern seems to be server ZM#2 is busy during the day and sever ZM#1 is busier at night. The server will see slighty lower numbers on wed and thrurs but by the time the weekend rolls around its all good. You can go to GameTracker and find all the info you need about player activity as a whole. For example, to support your claim of fewer players you can see that server ZM#1 has taken a hit with an average of 23.2 players and dropped in rank to 108th. ZM#2 is actually the more popular of the two with 31.7 player average and 39th in rank. As far as the lila panic server it has grown. At the beggining of the month lila was averaging 14.5 players and now it is 17.5 players. That is a good climb. And the player base is solid with new admins and donaters coming from the panic server$$. We also have other solid servers on the rise.

A contest sounds good but without a rank system in play we will have a hard time implementing any type of accurate results. I have thought about doing a contest(via approval of course) but there is no rank sysyem to keep track. We had a contest a while back that had a lot of interest amoung the players and I do believed it worked. It made the players play longer and I do believe it added players to the player base of PF. What do you guys think. I can buy 2 donator for the two months and we can use that as a prize. But like I said we would need to fix the rank. What do you think about that?

5. Apr 14, 2011
    if we pick winner(the most kill points earned or something) within the map and until the map change, I don't think we really need separate ranking system other than what we see when we press tab key.
    I'm interested to see this contest.
  6. May 6, 2011
    I personally think a contest or competition among the players would great.

The tracking rank system via the website still works.

Hope more people could put there support behind this.
  7. Mar 16, 2008
    We are working on a lot. No need to do this at the moment
  8. May 18, 2011
    i disagree, today i had 48 players online, then other day, 34. i think the pf server is good as for now O.o, i cant even get my own cade without them mess it up.
  9. May 15, 2011
    I think we need to be a little more patient with everything.

Josh and the others are doing alot and I don't think they need more stuff piled on their shoulders.

The idea's great but wait until everything has been sorted out.

Just be patient.
  10. May 16, 2011
    I think i agree with josh and DB. Theres way to much stuff going on atm with the site and plugins failing. Its a great idea but its a little to much with everything else happening at this time. Still really good idea, nice thought. :biggrin: