Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

More Songs for the Console Player

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Umbrella Corp. Soldier, Feb 8, 2007

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 1, 2007
    what about some easy listening? kenny g, yanni shit like that...

devourment, slayer something other than hampster dance please....
  2. Jan 22, 2007
    Slayer hurts the ears of the unfaithful O_O
  3. Mar 1, 2007
    could it make the streets run red with the blood of the non-believers though.... :huh:
  4. Jan 27, 2007
    I asked Cam, I think we should add Misrlou. Its the theme From Pulp Fiction by Dick Dale.
  5. Mar 1, 2007
    what about psychobilly freakout by reverend horton heat? something to add to the confussion and chaos that sometimes occurs during the best of zombie matches...
  6. Dec 30, 2006
    Ok we would add songs like crazy...with all this requesting. But you must know, it takes time to edit the song, then upload it to the fastdl. THe more songs we have, the longer a new player has to spend downloading crap. The ambient sound for zombie mod already takes long. I dont know but i feel that adding more song would put more stress on the Fastdl and more memory on the player's computer.
  7. Jan 11, 2007
    Having watched my brother join plaguefest for the first time, I can agree that we are already at our limit in terms of the amount of crap that a new player has to download. With that in mind, I suggest we don't add any more songs. After all, if it takes over 5 minutes to suffer through the downloads to join pf for the first time, most new players will give up... We are severely depleting our new player pool, so as current regulars move away from c-strike over time, there will be nobody to replace them.

PF would shrivel and die...

Cheers,
    Mer

People who refer to themselves in the third person have some serious emotional issues. Mer suggests they seek professional help.
  8. Feb 21, 2007

well, i suggest we cycle them? removes those and add some!

the first time is hella long whichever server ur joining, the more stuff i dl when i start on a server, the more stuff ill enjoy once im done downloading!
  9. Dec 30, 2006
    too bad not everyone in the world is that patient...sadly.
  10. Posts
    I'll add some new songs eventually, and then delete the current ones.

The FASTDL can handle plenty.

And yeah, we used to have like 20 songs at one point, then I got to thinking about it, and I was like " NO, NO NO".
  11. Feb 21, 2007
    well since the update were they changed the mic's codecs, my songs comes out of HLSS almost perfectly...its nothing like before!
  12. Jan 11, 2007
    Just make sure the songs you choose to play don't annoy the general audience... The last thing you want is to be accused of mic spamming. Be kind and stop transmitting the music if people ask you to. On the other hand... if *everyone* is enjoying it, then go for it.
  13. Dec 30, 2006
  14. Feb 21, 2007
    well, it usually end up with the songs people ask me, either tetris or....numa numa xD

but there is always 1 guy disliking it, at least, i can stop it anytime ^^
  15. Feb 1, 2007
    It was good then, people asked for music and they got a new track every time. Now it is either NEDM, Hasmter dance or zombie nation.

Get some more songs up!
  16. Feb 7, 2007
    i mosly like 80's music, others r ok but 80's Rock, Led Zep, things like that.
  17. Feb 19, 2007
    more dragonforce songs would be good like

through the fire and flames

fury of the storm

soldiers of the wasteland
  18. Mar 1, 2007
    operation ground and pound is another good one...
  19. Dec 30, 2006
    The console player has been disabled since we use the radio feature that cam invented. :razz: All songs should be directed to the person streaming to the server.

Topic closed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.