Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Mosque

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Kosuki, Jun 13, 2012

1. Apr 14, 2011
    I have recently sent a email to this new mosque in my town of San Luis Obispo, CA. I have asked them if I may come in some time and see the mosque because I am curious about it and have never seen one up close and inside. I hope they let me see it, I have nothing agaisnt Muslims or the Islamic community. I show mutual respect for all religious communities. I am now waiting for a reply. What do you think about me visiting a mosque? Tell me how you feel. :cool:

P.S. I am not a person of the Islamic faith!
  2. Dec 6, 2011
    Be sure to wear your shoes when you walk inside, and NEVER take them off, no matter what anybody else says. I think it's some religious tradition.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Sep 26, 2010
      Don't pay any mind to western media outlets and you'll be fine. Should be an interesting experience btw!
    • Apr 14, 2011
      I hope so, I went inside buddhist temple a few years back when my grandfather died. He had this scroll he was given when he was in japan because he was buddhist. They people read it for me and sent it to japan. Was a cool experience i hope this one is too
    • Apr 14, 2011
      Hello,
      Thank you for your message and the nice words.
      The weekly service is on Friday from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. You're welcome to come during that time and observe the service if you want. Other than that, there will be a few people at the Mosque around 1:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.for 20-30 minutes every day. You can ask anyone to let you in and maybe answer some of your questions. If you'd like to setup a different time to come in, please let me know what works for you and we can work something out.

Thank you for your interest in the Mosque.

-Hisham Assal-
    • Apr 20, 2011
      you 100% wrong never were shoes when you enter mosque
    • Jul 28, 2011
      After a quick google search, it looks like @chet is right about not wearing shoes in the mosque
    • Apr 20, 2011
      you don't need google that I am Muslim so I know a lot of stuff you don't know also its special place you need to were right clothes it like when someone die and you go to there (I don't how I see this word but it place to put dead people on)
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Jan 14, 2012
        Don't think you need to email them to visit :wink: Just stop by some time, most mosques are open most of the time if I'm not mistaken.
      • Apr 20, 2011
        Hek you right forgot to say that thank you I didn't relay expect that for you
        • Like Like x 1
        • Dec 6, 2011
          I thought my joke was pretty obvious =S I guess not. :silly:
        • Apr 14, 2011
        • Dec 6, 2011
          I know that some places you take your shoes off and then wash yourself in a public bathing type manner, but I'm unsure if this is all of them, or the very religious/native ones. You'd have to ask them there, I'm sure they'd understand if you were new.
        • Apr 20, 2011
          Joking with religious is not funny at all its like insult to me so I hope you don't do this again please
        • May 14, 2011
          All those jokes about people stealing your shoes... I wont say any out of respect for chet and anyone else though.