Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Motanum's Status

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Motanum, Aug 20, 2012

1. Jan 9, 2012
    Hey! I am going to post some status for some maps that I will port over to CSGO's ZE! Do note that I am back at UNI and my schedule is quite intense, so I cannot dedicate as much time as I would have liked.

Surf Facility
    Porting ro CSGO has begun. I am stucked because I cannot set sv_airaccelerate 100 in the map's setting commands. The way I know to surf in csgo is by setting the advance launch options to "+sv_airaccelerate 100", I cannot do that in the map's auto_relay's outputs. Any advice here, will result in a release in maybe less than a week!

Infected Tramway
    Porting to CSGO has begun. Due to the amount of error models and missing textures (Many useful HL2 models and texture are missing, which are very nice IMO) it will take some time while I find replacements and port some of the css stuff that I do need back into the map.

Motanum Inc
    I have not started this map yet. It should be fairly quickly, as soon as I finish Infected tramway and surf facility first.

Aperture Science
    This map will not be ported due to its poor popularity. I don't think it is valuable for me work on this map. I'd rather create new stuff.

Moon Escape
    @enviolinador thought this map was interesting, so I will make some tweaks and release this map for CSGO. This is the lowest in my priority list.

*Guess this map's name*
    I started work on a new ZE map! Try to guess the map's name! It will be one of my most ambitious projects I have done! And I do have high hopes for this one. (Please don't spoil the name those who I have talked to about this project)

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 7
      Motanum, Aug 20, 2012 Last edited by Motanum, Aug 20, 2012
    • Nov 11, 2011
      Awesome, bro. Looking forward to it. And I guess the maps name is probably underground cavern or something along those lines.
    • Jan 9, 2012
    • Dec 6, 2011
      I'm really liking that last map, but I've no clue what the name of it is.

Also, Moon Escape sounds like it has some potential. Possibly low gravity the whole time???? That would be pretty sweet.
    • Feb 20, 2011
      Oh good lord no, imagine the fail, it'd burn too much :curse:
    • Jul 8, 2012
      Moon escape sounds pretty cool. All these sound cool. :thumbsup:
    • May 14, 2011

Looks great!
    • May 31, 2012
      • Dec 6, 2011
      • Oct 17, 2011
        How about making gravity random like blackmesa each round and spawning random stuff each round. Just a suggestion. Keep up the good work montanum.
      • Jan 9, 2012
        This is a video of ze moon base. Its an old map that I kinda forgot about.
        via http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwMQvjSpPmM

There was low gravity, but it was too harsh defend. I am thinking of keeping the low gravity depending on how it plays.
      • Feb 20, 2011
      • Dec 6, 2011
        You can always work on it you know. The low gravity feature would be amazing if you could implement the holding spots well enough.
      • Jan 9, 2012
        The thing is that knockback got affected weirdly too. It will take some tweaking on the server, so it will go through many versions.

Also, you guys have not guessed the picture still. I will give you some more time :smile:
      • Mar 19, 2012
      • Jan 9, 2012
        Haha! I wish what I was making was my basement! :razz:
      • Jun 18, 2012
      • May 31, 2012
        It's ze_michael_jackson, noob. Sorry for ruining the fun Motanum.
      • May 14, 2011
        Use a .cfg? Couldn't that change the servers settings? I remember envi was talking about using it to change zr settings.
      • May 31, 2012
        Not in GO. I haven't checked my system for GO, not yet at least; doubt it will happen at any time soon though. There are lots of missing cvars (I hope they add them soon).
        • Like Like x 1