Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

MOTD Logo Competition

Discussion in News started by Sauce Helmet, Mar 5, 2007

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jun 7, 2008
    the only qualms I have for this one is where it says "Plaguefest" should look more like this. You cant see the blue properly and the color seems out of place.

[IMG]
  2. Aug 8, 2008
    My vote is for that until something better comes along.
  3. Mar 12, 2008

but it can also be used as the website bar at top, appropriately named also.

We need some more OC on here from forums users, at least. that way we can get featured art and get more players involved.

i took torso's sig pic and shooped it a bit.

if you're going to say something about it, especailly something awful, and something you would change, do it. i've got the .psd file i can send you so i can make fun of yours. Constructive criticism wins here.

[IMG]
  4. Dec 20, 2008
    use more than a filter and mirroring on the original render. make the text blend more (via layers, layer blending, etc)
  5. Mar 12, 2008
    it looks ok to me. i had to compromise the look a bit because more than half of the face is missing.

the filter takes out the nasty layer-to-layer clip so sticking with something that blends it more looks ok to me.

[IMG]

added a drop shadow to emphasize the text more, and a film grain to the face. also an inner shadow makes it that crazy, tunnel-vision zombie look that i was trying to go for.

will edit this post with updated file.
  6. Apr 9, 2007
    The Genockle is only the beginning

Anyone else see that? D:
  7. May 24, 2008
  8. Mar 12, 2008

it can be new web bar nao? :tard:
  9. Jun 7, 2008
    Area behind text is too bland. The face looks horrible too cartoony and pixelated, no nose and butt forehead. The current web bar is pretty well made so unless you can come up with something that looks better I don't see why it should be changed. Also change the genocide font so it doesn't say genockle. You played with the film grain too much. The easiest way to make something look good is to up the contrast but your image doesn't have enough detail so it doesn't really work. Lastly move the text so it doesn't hug the border of your image, try to keep a wee bit of space between the text and the edges of the image.

go find some brushes and vector effects etc that you can use to bring out a better background.
  10. Aug 8, 2008
    hey, I have no photshop ski11s, but why don't you get the .psd file from him and do it yourself?
    'Cause I think he's gonna change it, and then you'r going to point something else out, then it'll just keep repeating 'till you find it perfect.

Which it would cut on rage and fights if you do it what you think it perfect.

And Taters, I like it, Maybe make the eyes "pop" alittle more, you know the gross bright white zombie eyes?
    Other then that it's nice, Thanks for making it. :wink:
  11. Mar 12, 2008
    i took the colour from our page background. the plaguefest_dark blue

so it would match up correctly without showing a border.

and to summarize what cursing said,

Can't cater to the few that don't like it, especially the ones that won't try their hand at it.
    Will move the text, change the "genockle", and fix the butt-head just for you poopy. i'll re-edit the same post.
  12. Jun 7, 2008
    sorry for giving some constructive criticism.

also I think it would be better to switch the image to the left and place the text to the right. So instead of the text appearing on the extreme upper left corner it would be a little more to the center and more pleasing to the eyes. Also that way the zombie wont suddenly be cut from the picture and your plaguefest_blue background will match seamlessly.

Cursing there is only compromise in the art world. Every time you come out with another edit there will always be something you think would make it better. Also I think our current web bar is very well made, unless I have a sudden rush, a sudden need to create a banner for plaguefest like a pregnant woman eating cake then I don't really think I could do any better.
  13. Dec 20, 2008
    could you post the .psd? you could do more to the render than filtering it while maintaining the blending of it with the mirrored face with some simple blurring, freeing you up to play around with layer options and more

i'll do whatever you guys want on it that you can't do yourself, if you wanna let me try
  14. Jul 5, 2008
    =( why are you guys outcasting the banner i made for you.... ouch
  15. Jun 4, 2006
    I was wondering what the fuck this was... then I read the OP. Good times.
  16. Mar 15, 2008
  17. Mar 12, 2008

up for one week from today.

edit it as you see fit. remember i never said i was a self-proclaimed photoshop professional, so most of my works are sub par. anyways, it's whomever wants to take it now.

and i do like our current web bar but we've had it for almost a year now. nothing else on this site has changed since.
  18. Mar 16, 2008
    [IMG]
    any better?
  19. Aug 8, 2009

thought i'd try to make one :razz:, genocide seemed a bit over the top xD

Josh, the change is better but it still looks too different from the rest of the rest of the MOTD, maybe make it darker.
  20. Mar 16, 2008
    [IMG]
    already tested it in the motd, it doesn't like animation....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.