Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Suggestion MOTD should be updated.

Discussion in Website Feedback & Bugs started by Kyro, Nov 19, 2016

1. Apr 26, 2015
    The last thread I found about it was from 2011, and it could use a bit of an update. Attached is what the current MOTD looks like. As well as the MOTD from DOGZ GG, and a possible updated MOTD. Personally I think the rules could be displayed in the MOTD. Yeah, I think most times players who break some rules are just unfamiliar with what the rules are, and for players to look at the MOTD they still have to click the button and look on 2 separate pages for the ZM rules and the global rules. I think just displaying them may at least help in some cases, or possibly prevent some players from breaking the rules. While the current one does fill its purpose to a degree, I think the majority of the negative space could fill in some information.

Heres is DOGZ GG MOTD.

[IMG]

Here is our current MOTD.

[IMG]

Here is what our MOTD could look like.

[IMG]

Here is the John Madden breakdown of the MOTD.

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Apr 9, 2007
      Are you really still playing on your Mac?
    • Apr 26, 2015
    • Apr 9, 2007

Hey @Brian do you remember how the MOTD works?
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
      • Programming King Programming King x 1
      • Apr 26, 2015
        That's just Ariel Bold in Photoshop CS6.

wait.
      • Apr 9, 2007
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • Jun 4, 2006
          That negative space is only visible because your resolution is larger than 1920x1080. It exists so the MOTD works well on most resolutions. If the resolution is too low everything gets jumbled (see screenshots below).

The only way we could utilize the negative space seen at 1440p+ and make the MOTD look good at lower and larger resolutions is if we implement media queries - something that wasn't supported a few years ago - to show/hide/change things based on resolution size. At that rate it would make more sense to redo the MOTD's entirely, something I hope to do sooner than later.

1600x900

screenshot-1479627433_1600x900

1366x768

screenshot-1479627413_1366x768

1280x720

screenshot-1479627401_1280x720

Thanks for taking the time to suggest this btw. Appreciate the effort and input.
          • Like Like x 2
          • Informative Informative x 1
          • Friendly Friendly x 1
          • Apr 26, 2015
            Anytime! I didn't know that it scaled to resolution, that makes sense though.