Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Mother Zombie Option

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by RainbowX1, Aug 24, 2011

1. Apr 23, 2011
    For a while now, I've been really eager to ask if there could be the chance of implementing an option for (admins/donators) to choose their spawn zombie when they are starters
    Currently for (admins/donators), if you are chosen to be a starter zombie, there is a random chance you'll become either a Mother Zombie or Mother Half Zombie
    I'm suggesting an option that will allow you to choose whether to spawn as Tall or Half Mother Zombie, if chosen to be starter

Maps where half zombies have much more maneuverability, I just hate when I am chosen to be a starter zombie, go attack humans, confused how they are attacking me in "certain" areas, realize that I'm not half sized....

With the "explode" suicide command, an easy solution was present but with it disabled now...I can't say the same.
    Doesn't seem like a hard thing to add, could spice up the admin/donator status a bit too.

Please consider.
  2. Jan 1, 2011
    awesome jzx i couldnt agree with you more.. for a while i was contemplating on starting a thread on this as well, but u beat me to the punch lol ;p there has been several occassions to where im frustrated and feel like raging, asking my self," why dont they have the option to spawn as a half zombie?" in all i think this would be an easy fix and an awesome addition to the donator and admin features. By doing so, think of this addition as a selling tool, more features = more attractive to the people that are interested.
  3. Jun 25, 2011
    you guys are that worried for your skins just for the first round? you could just play the first round since its the shortest one
  4. Apr 23, 2011
    This is regarding the chance of spawning as a mother zombie for the whole duration of the map...
    First round...huh?? what??
  5. Mar 25, 2011
    Just switch teams when the round starts, it will kill you and then you will respawn.
  6. Apr 23, 2011
    Once you become mother zombie, you do not have the option to switch teams
  7. Jun 30, 2011
    I think its a good idea considering that the mother zombie stats are not the best it would be an option to think about
  8. May 6, 2011
    JzX you could just go into "spec" mode, then come back in. The cookie setting for your default zombie skin you selected in your "!zmenu", would then be used for you to appear into the game.
  9. Apr 23, 2011
    Hmm admins probably have that command but normal/donators dont
  10. May 6, 2011
    Regarding the SPEC mode, you could ask an Admin to put you into SPEC mode.

I made a mistake about the SPEC mode, I thought you could just press key m to get the following screen, from you can see there is an Option 6 there for Spectate. But, this is only available when you first appear on the map. So, it wouldn't apply after you spawn as a zombie.

The long way I guess is just reconnect to the game, either thru Disconnect and Connect, or in console type "connect zm.plaguefest.com"
    It should only take a few seconds to go out of the game, and come back in. As long as you don't use it to escape death, then it should be fine.

What do you think JzX? and guys?
  11. Oct 29, 2010
    Seems silly to have all these workarounds, just let em pick their mother zombie. =/

Also M, you just have to type retry in console for a reconnect. :razz:
  12. Apr 23, 2011
    The point of this suggestion idea is not to escape being a Mother zombie, instead its more of providing an option to be a mother half zombie at all times, so you can "jump right into the action". M infantry, you do provide some alternatives but that's not the focus of this thread.
  13. Jun 30, 2011
    Agreed ^^
  14. Mar 16, 2008
    I'm planning on modifying the mother zombie soon. We'll test it out when I get time this week.
  15. Jul 14, 2010
    I'd say they are good with less knockback, hp regen and what not but their HP is a little low for being the starting zombies. + 1000 or maybe more would perfect them imo.

As for donators/admins spawning always as their selected zombie class, meh, one more perk for us I suppose.
  16. Apr 23, 2011
    Any input from high level admins??
    Hopefully this idea doesn't just get blown away in silence
  17. Aug 18, 2006
    I'm not sure if the current ZR plugin supports the ability for donators/admins to choose their mother zombie. I like the idea of it but it will need to be looked more in to (Which Josh said he would.)
  18. Sep 6, 2010
    It would be nice if mother zombies will have more HP, the mother half zombie is good but witch is a bit weak although its harder to shoot it away for some reason
  19. Apr 23, 2011
    Sounds good, hopefully there isn't too much trouble then...would love to see this idea come to fruition.
  20. Jan 30, 2011
    I would quite enjoy this being an option on the server(s), it would make it easier for the admins and donators to easily maneuver themselves to best conceal from the humans, whether they choose the witch, or the half zombie; or if both just get taken out and replaced with another sort of zombie that would be the default mother, would work good as well.

But glad that this will be getting looked into, like I said previously, would make a world of difference for pwning humans.