Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Motor heads

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by sajak, Jun 12, 2014

1. Nov 11, 2011
    Hi, I asked in chat but didn't really get a good response. Can anyone give me an insight which one holds their value better over time and are generally a more desirable car between the Dodge Challenger and Dodge Charger? I don't intend on taking it to the track or making any significant changes besides cosmetic ones. Personally, I like the looks for the Charger. And are there any comparable cars that I should look at before pulling the trigger?

Thanks.
  2. Dec 17, 2007
    well even though i don't like you much, but i'm gonna tell you that dodge sucks and the price to power ratio is terrible...a chev camaro has almost as much power as a dodge charger svt and $10,000 less, ford always breaks down, if you want a decent car i'd go w/the chev camaro, it's in the same class as dodge charger/challenger, better priced and transmissions are better...the end
  3. Nov 11, 2011

I don't have any real budget concerns. I haven't followed up on anything automotive related for the past six years which is why I'm clueless about the newer models. I'll look into the Camaro, thank you.
  4. Oct 13, 2011
    Alright, so tell me what do you need and what are you going to use your car for ?

If you're going to use it mostly for work or school I'd say buy a challenger. (2013-2014) It gets about 18/27 mpg.

About charger. Just don't. Well it is a powerful car with 450+hp but its mpg is shit. 14/20 and 19 gallons of premium gas. After a while, you'll have to change your timing chain on charger, and its going to cost you about $900.

Why not just buy a subaru or a honda.

Honda SI is pretty cool and i'm thinking about getting one soon.
    • Informative Informative x 1
      Cat, Jun 12, 2014 Last edited by Drunk Cat, Jun 12, 2014
    • Oct 11, 2012
      • Nov 11, 2011
        Thanks for that. It's just for business use, I travel a lot to different states and I want something with power and reliability. Mileage isn't really a concern but the higher the better.
      • Aug 2, 2010
        Challenger or Charger... wait reliability? LOL

Challenger and Charger are both shit when it comes to resale value. Want high resale? Go look at a Lexus.
        • Nov 11, 2011
          That's not an issue. A buddy of mine has the SC300, he's hooked it up quite nicely.

via http://youtu.be/3n7G4QI4SuE?t=48s

Any idea which one I should look at? This is a mid-term investment so I don't need the best but just... reliable. Like I said, I've no clue about automotive industry for the past several years.
        • Jul 20, 2010
          If you want a nice car with power stay away from American muscle, not what they used to be. There is a good reason why most are cheap, horribly made and breakdown easily.

I would say go for a GT-86 by Toyota its a nice car that gives you lots of room to play with. If you want to spring for expensive cars than you can't go wrong with a Porsche 911 Turbo.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Jun 23, 2010
          • Dec 17, 2007
            well w/o dirt bag leaving a comment as to why he disagrees w/my post...really go with a chev corvette even the cheapest model is still hand made here in America, so if you want real American muscle that is still American go w/the corvette it's still hand made and not by a bunch of machines brought in from Japan
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Oct 13, 2011
              TBH, American cars sucks. No matter how powerful they are.
              • Agree Agree x 2
              • Jul 20, 2010
                HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Corvettes are fucking overpriced pieces of shit. Its only good if you want to go fast in a straight line and that's it. Not to mention that many European cars beat them in power to weight ratios and have faster 0-60 times along with actually being able to handle turns.

Lexus LFA is a rather nice car as well :smile:, or you can go with a McLaren MP4-12C if you want to blow tons of cash on a engineering marvel.

• Like Like x 1
                • Funny Funny x 1
                • Nov 11, 2011
                  Unfortunately, that can kind of cash will go towards the house, not the car lol. A pleasant thought, though. :smile:
                • Mar 20, 2011
                  Well my 2000 SS Camaro is still going strong, I drive it over 80 miles a day, I will sell you mine for 14k. Now for Dodge, a lot of them have transmissions issues and sometimes electrical problems. It is widely known they de tune the engines to help prevent transmission breakage. I do like the body lines of the Challenger though. If I was looking into a stock beast to drive I would go with the Z06 Vette.

Just my 2 cents
                  • Like Like x 2
                  • Jul 20, 2010
                    Ohhh or a Lotus :smile:. The low end of super cars price wise. But still amazing looking cars and pretty damn fast.
                    • Like Like x 2
                    • Friendly Friendly x 1
                    • Mar 20, 2011
                      Yeah the power to weight ratio on those Lotus's are pretty amazing. They get up and go, and get somewhat decent gas mileage.
                    • Jul 20, 2010
                      Yes they do, been seeing more and more Lotus's around my part of town.

http://www.lotuscars.com/our-cars/current-range/exige-s

God that car is sexy.
                      • Like Like x 1
                      • Agree Agree x 1
                      • Sep 7, 2010
                        You travel a lot but mileage isn't a concern.... That is childish. Get a car that will yield mpg that will actually make the traveling worth it. Do you really think you will be comfortable for long distances in some 40 year old mans' wet dream held back from middle school? Why the hell would you blow a stupid amount of money on a car that looks pretty but has little value otherwise? Get a car with high mpg; then with the extra money you saved from not having to blow it on dinosaur fart, repair the car that you are using constantly and not look like a dingdong... btw dodge? are you kidding? Get something Japanese, they are well made and priced.
                        adinsx, Jun 13, 2014 Last edited by adinsx, Jun 13, 2014