Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

MountainEscape Sniper issue

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by -L-, Sep 21, 2013

Restrict sniper/autosniper on mountain escape ?

Yes 23 vote(s) 56.1%
No 7 vote(s) 17.1%
I like Turtles. 11 vote(s) 26.8%
  1. Mar 20, 2012
    The map is already a "little" humansided, if they rush the nuke many zombies die always. Most times only one headshot is enough and a zombie falls down and is dead. With snipers and autosnipers its very easy to do that, so please let restrict them on mountain escape. I see now already many players with sniper in a few days probably almost all are buying them.

Its more fun if they have a better chance to climb up. Its still easy to shoot them down with any other weapon but at least you have to be somewhat in a range instead of 500m away.
  2. Feb 3, 2012
    Awps totally have a stronger knock back than auto snipers. That's probably the reason It's restricted on most maps. >.>
  3. May 31, 2012
    Probably if a little tweaked version is done it'll feature both awp/autonoob restrictions/nerfs and zombie checkpoints. A quickie zr_restrict awp and zr_restrict whateverthenamesforautonoobsareIcan'tremembernow would do for now, though.
  4. Mar 20, 2012
    Awp is only restircted on most maps because there are bosses on those maps. Its something like griefing if you use a awp against a hitbased boss. Thats why it was implemented at first.
    But the map design of moutain escape is pretty unique...and snipers have an huge impact therefor on the gameplay on this map in my opinion..

If you get hit with a headshot you fly away 50m on pf...

You might be right about autosnipers have less knockback but when 5 people shoot on you with autosniper it isnt really a big difference..either you fall down or u die after some secs because of the zombie hp on pf.

It would certainly make more fun if it isnt only a range fight between zombies and humans.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Feb 27, 2012
      Auto snipers have a fairly large knockback for their fire rate (which is almost as fast as you can click) and they're pretty much dead accurate every shot. That's why they're annoying. Their knockback is like half of what the awp is, but with a fire rate that is like 6x faster. And what -L- said, it's restricted on most maps that have bosses, because you get those group of trolls that are like "HUUURRRRRR LETS ALL BUY AWPS #YOLO" and of course, ruin the fun in the map/game.
    • Mar 20, 2012
      crap quality but its just 2 minutes anyway....I think I dont even get a headshot(my hp drops like 100-200hp each time never 400hp=awpheadshot, maybe lag) and im still flying too much around. @ the 4 no-voter: How can you support snipers on this map srsly^^

If there is a new version anytime soon, idk if the mapper will disable it in the configfile. But if not, please change it someday.

• May 12, 2007
      If the map had maybe a zombie teleport instead of death when they fall that would resolve all these issues. After a certain timeframe the auto-death just teleports zombies to a safe place where they can continue to navigate up the map.
    • Aug 12, 2012
      ya those awps are annoying or I would have kill you all

anyways was just playing this map and we were 15-2, at one point I thought I join the wrong server XD
    • Apr 3, 2013
      It's not about winning the map (Map can be very easily won anyways). It's about having fun and killing people with helicopters.
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Jun 11, 2012
        When it's so human sided, as a zombie, it gets a bit detrimental.
      • Feb 21, 2007
        what are the names of the autosnipers (t&ct)? I'd consider making a cfg and doing a test with the cfg on the map, see how the balance is.
      • Feb 27, 2012
        weapon_sg550
      • May 31, 2012
        If we get the new choppy version with more copypaste and awkwardness (that is, following the map's style as a whole) done soon this might not be needed at all. It shouldn't take long either...
      • Jul 17, 2012
        AWP should be restricted on mountain too. Even a body shot is enough to push a zombie down.

weapon_awp
        • Agree Agree x 3
        • Apr 3, 2013

New mountain has decreased knockback for zombies, but any sniper is still an issue. While we're still speaking of restrictions, enabling bhop on this map will also make things more funnier.
          But since pF is fully against bhop, I can see that this won't happen.
        • Mar 20, 2012
          If the server is full, the sniper issue isnt anymore so important. Because usually more humans die and therefor there are more zombies.
          If the server has under 30 players, it gets annoying again.
          Idk anymore, if its right, with this new version to restrict it.

And bhop mh..
          We are practically only walking up so we cant gain acceleration they way up and trigger the nuke early.
          The same way bhopping zombies cant get humans, because you cant get any significant acceleartion the way up.

Bhop is only usefull when the nuke already exploded and the mode changes into survival and you try to escape the train or a nazgul or a helicopter.
          And that would be fun. But I also dont think you will change this, because that would mean that some rules are only for some maps and not for all, but its better to have all rules for all maps. It would create confusion.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Apr 3, 2013
            The awp situation on a full server is insane, please do something about it.
          • May 31, 2012
            I think the next version is going to remove awps after the nuke and replace them with dildos.
            • Informative Informative x 1
            • Artistic Artistic x 1