Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Mouse Pads

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by Ghost, May 14, 2012

Do you use a mousepad?

Yes 13 vote(s) 54.2%
No 8 vote(s) 33.3%
Bananas? 3 vote(s) 12.5%
  1. May 14, 2011
    Well i have the G700 mouse but the polytetrafluoroethylenefeet on it have become scratched from use on a laminate desk with crumbs on it etc. So I'm gunna get a mouse pad after i get a set of brand new feet.

I've looked at the http://steelseries.com/products/surfaces website but theres just so much choice. I am interested in the 9HD mat.

I dont know there are so many brands out there.

If anyone has a nice mouse mat they recommend help me pick!
  2. Feb 14, 2012
    I have never heard of someone actually caring about the feet of their mouse before. I use nothing but my desk surface since the mainstreaming of optical mice.
  3. May 14, 2011
    Today a grain of sugar or salt or something got caught in the foot and scratched my desk and made a great big god damn hole in a foot. not even saying how much it interrupted my game. (it was on ski mountain where i like to 720 while going down the hill.

So i decided to invest in a mouse mat. just shake all the rubbish off it before gaming and you just put it away while eating at your desk.
  4. Dec 6, 2011
    Using the same mousepad since my dad brought home one from his work back in 2001. LOL

Don't think you should worry too much about name brand ones, unless you want a design on it.
  5. May 14, 2011
    I want a big one. The fact I could only get my hands on a small one was the reason i never used one.
  6. Nov 29, 2010
    Don't bother, they only change how it feels to move your mouse. But not real performance changes. Just run and. Buy a cheap mouse pad for around 15 and you're set for years to come.

increase your dpi and adjust game sensitivity as you deem fit and a smaller mouse pad will do perfectly
  7. Jan 12, 2011
    This. Unless you really want a design/logo/etc on it, you shouldn't need to spend more than $10 at your local computer store for a basic run-of-the-line fabric-topped rubber composite mousepad. It'll last you for years (mine is from 2004ish) and your wrist will feel a bit more comfortable compared to sitting on bare desk.
  8. Aug 1, 2011
    I've always used a mouse pad. Never without it, I find it weird to not use one. Mines like YEARS old and it's good .
  9. May 14, 2011
    Well exactly. If i'm going to live with something for the next 10 years then why not spend an extra $10. Im not exactly breaking the bank.

On Amazon these mouse pads are cheap. they are £24GBP $38.64USD for the most expensive one. And also there are no PC shops in London. Except for Consumer electronics stores aka. they contain PCs and fridges...

The price is really no issue here. I just want a nice big mouse pad. High DPI feels uncomfortable to play with and guests are unable to play with it so i keep it low.

After brand new poly..whateva feet this friction seems uncomfortable.
  10. Nov 29, 2010
    We're not saying you can't buy an expensive one, we're discouraging you from doing so, help you save money for other things
  11. Jan 12, 2011
    I was just using an example of age, like Quietly. Spending more won't ensure that a pad lasts longer. Unless you actually cut it/burn it/otherwise do something to ruin it, the mousepad will last for a very, very long time. :thumbsup:

Also, did you want something this large? Linky
  12. May 14, 2011
    LOL a bit too big. I think ill go with the cheap QcK series :razz: . I will serve me foreva and even if it is destroyed in a fire i wont mind. Also thickness is important too, the thinner the better imo. Also with a brand you get quality. £10 is nothing the mouse, cost £60. :razz:
  13. Dec 7, 2010
    • May 31, 2012
      Haven't used one in years... Laser mouse fan all the way!
    • May 14, 2011
    • Jun 23, 2010
      I'm currently using one of those $15 razer mousepad. Might upgrade to the XTracPads or Talent mouse pad, but I'm not sure yet. Might consider that double sided Razer mousepad with the wrist rest.
      • Like Like x 1
      • May 15, 2011
        I want to get a Razer mouse pad just because they have a sexy name and logo. <3 Fuck being cheap. Style points.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Mar 12, 2008
          I used to use a frictionless mousepad that i got off the valve store. It was very nice, worked well with my mouse that can change DPI at any time. It was pricey though, i think $20 or $25? it should still be on the store page.

Pros: Thin, has a semi-adherent backing, CS:S design on it, Frictionless so your mouse can move faster and won't wear and tear rapidly

Cons: If it gets bent in any way/shape/form then it will permanently crease and it will affect gameplay, Didn't come in red.

Gel mousepads are a little bit more expensive, but they help alleviate wrist pain from extended computer sessions. They are nice, but can get grimy quick if you don't take care of it. (also if you don't wash often, you dirty heathen!)

I now use one like this:
          [IMG]

But i want one like THIS:

[IMG]
          • Funny Funny x 2
          • Like Like x 1
          • May 12, 2012
            This is what I have been using for a few years now, I won it at a 1.6 tournament a few years ago. It is the perfect size for me as I like to play with most of my arm resting on the table.

[IMG]