Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Mouse suggestions?

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by Kyro, Aug 14, 2015

1. Apr 26, 2015
    So my Final Mouse crapped out on me today, so I'm pretty bummed out. I'm looking for something that isn't very clunky, toggle DPI, and thumb buttons preferably.
  2. Mar 10, 2014
    Looks not bad. Don't know if I'm a huge fan of having all those thumb buttons though.

Its a thumb DPI? It looks like a good mouse, maybe a little clunkier than I'm used to however. Feels good?
  5. Jul 8, 2012
    I use a Naga Epic Chroma so 19 buttons FTW. Big fan of the Naga series.
  6. Feb 27, 2012
    The side buttons are just buttons, they're not for the DPI. The DPI buttons are in between that and the left click button. It's flush with the left click button, so i kept switching dpi's by accidently (usually up) so i suggest that when you set up your DPI profiles, your highest profile (so number 5) is the DPI you use the most often. So if you're playing CS:GO for example and you go to shoot some fucker, you don't accidentally switch DPI's and fuck up. You can actually have 3 seperate profiles, each profile with 5 different DPI's to switch between. So perhaps you could set up a profile specific to games where accidentally switching DPI's are sensitive. I hope this makes sense, it's hard to explain.

Other than that complaint, it's a fantastic mouse. It holds in your hand nice, the adjustable weight is nice to get the mouse exactly as heavy as you want. The software seems to crash pretty often, but everything is stored on the mouse so you don't have to have it running anyway. Just if you're changing shit, it's annoying. I also really like the scroll wheel because you can really feel when you're scrolling. The last mouse i had, it was almost like there was no clicking to it, and it was kind of annoying. This mouse also has hyper scrolling. I really don't see a use for it, i just love to play with it ahahaha.

The last thing it has is a "precision" button. You can set it so when you press this and hold this button, it goes to a specified DPI until you let go. Could be good for sniping or things that require precise mouse movements. It's so you can quickly switch DPI's and then back without having to scroll through all of your DPI settings and whatnot. I usually only use this when i'm mapping and am working on a low number of units on the grid.

All in all it's one of the best mice i've ever used and owned. On top of everything, if your mouse breaks, Logitech has fantastic customer support and 99% of the time will just hand you a brand new mouse without having to send the old one back or destroy the broken one and taking a picture (waves fist at Razer. Fuck Razer)

If you're smart, you'll steer waaaaaaayyy clear of Razer. Because if your product is broken, you might as well throw it in the trash and buy a new one. It took me a month and a half to just send my Keyboard to them (2-3 days without a reply. One time it was 9 days without a reply from them and it wasn't even during christmas or anything) I had to use another keyboard that was broken, and when i finally did get the new Razer keyboard back an additional 2 weeks later, it wasn't even new, it was a refurb (which in their defense they said they might send a refurbished one and not a new one) however, when it arrived it was also broken. The previous owner had spilled soda on it or something because 5 of my keys were sticking. After that, i just kept the keyboard and worked out the sticky shit over time. My ALT key is still fucked up though. Once this keyboard dies, i'm never buying another Razer product because:
    1. It's way overpriced for the actual quality of the product
    2. Their customer service is fucking shit
    3. It cost me $38 to receive the new keyboard from the post office when they told me it wouldn't cost me anything to ship out my old one or get the new one.
    There's more to that story, but i'm too lazy to tell all of it. Their products are fantastic, when they work. But for the price and the customer service, god forbid you need to use their customer service, just aren't worth it compared to what you can get for equal or cheaper.

• Like Like x 1
    • Jul 14, 2010
      • Feb 27, 2012
        Gigabyte mice are the fucking shit. For their price, they're amazing. My other mouse is the M6900 which is discontinued, but their next version of that model is still available with a few more features and it's blue. My only complaint about it is the scroll wheel. I have had mine for at least 2 years and it still works fine.

Here's the M6980. It's more expensive, but if you want more dpi options, you could go with this one. If not, yours is just as good. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&cm_re=gigabyte_m6980x-_-26-146-033-_-Product
        • Like Like x 2
        • Apr 26, 2015
          That one is a pretty good option. I'll be sending off my mouse to get a replacement, I've only had it for about 5 months and the laser crapped out on me. So until that gets sorted, I'd still like something fairly reliable. Final Mouse imo had the perfect ergonomics for me for gaming and design stuff. But I think I'll get the Logitech mouse you linked to use for now and have as a back up. Thanks Tony!
          • Like Like x 1
          • Oct 18, 2012
          • Jun 11, 2012

Simple
            Cheap
            Elegant
            Cooks a mean steak
            Call your parents for you
          • Aug 7, 2012
            I just got the G700s a week ago and love it. It's wireless and I thought that would suck, but I don't notice a difference between wired and wireless.
          • Apr 26, 2015
            Picked up the mouse today. Feels pretty good, and I actually like how the DPI is set up and the profiles. The biggest issue I have with it is the scroll wheel. Extremely sensitive and will react to my mouse movements even when I'm not touching the scroll wheel. Had to unbind my jump from mouse wheel down because I was randomly jumping without even touching it.
          • Feb 27, 2012
            You don't have the hyper scrolling on, do you?
          • Apr 26, 2015
            Possibly, way to turn it off?
          • Feb 27, 2012
            the middle button between your mouse wheel and G9 button. It should make the scroll wheel clicky.
            [IMG]
          • Apr 26, 2015
            Well hot damn. Thanks a lot!
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • Feb 27, 2012
              That's the hyper scrolling i was talking about in my other post. i just like to play with it. Whip the wheel as fast as possible, then turn off hyper scrolling and hear all of the clicks! :clown:
              • Like Like x 1
              • Apr 26, 2015
                Yeah the hyper scrolling is great for web and documents, but a pain when I'm playing. Really solid mouse, just a tad heavier than I'm used to, and I don't have the additional weights added in haha
                • Like Like x 1
                • congtanh34
                  This message by congtanh34 has been removed from public view. Deleted by Brian, Dec 5, 2015.
                  Dec 5, 2015