Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Moving... outside of USA (Denmark) by 2017

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by atxdragon, Aug 16, 2015

1. Aug 7, 2012
    27M, BS + 29M, AAS

We would like to move to the Netherlands by 2017, but my main concern is that my partner would not be eligible for a job.

I have a BS and would be applying for a job at somewhere without issue. I am not concerned about my job opportunities. However, my partner does not yet have a BA (only an AAS), so I'm not sure what I can do to help him. Would we be rejected for Danish residency? Anyone know what's up with Danish residency?
    Post Merged, Aug 16, 2015
    If I could get some serious replies, it'd be most appreciated.
  2. Jun 11, 2012
    Most citizenship for countries requires at least a working member. Having some higher education usually helps a lot because brain drain.

Just schedule a call with the embassy and get all the info. Best you can do is prepare yourself for 2 years and have all your ducks in a row. Embassies process paperwork efficiently when you have 120% of all things.

Should always be a 1800 number.
  3. Jun 18, 2012
    Googled it because I'm Dutch, this was from a guy who wanted his GF to come over. A couple of guys stated this pretty much contains anything you'd need: https://ind.nl/en . I suppose visiting a Dutch embassy wouldn't hurt to be sure though.

Also since you're apparently already a EU citizen I think there'd be even less hurdles to go through. Half the company I work with is Polish, all thanks to these wonderful ''open borders'' within the EU.
  4. Oct 24, 2013
    My wife has 2 Masters and it's been a huge pain in the ass for her to immigrate to the USA from Slovenia. She's told me the Dutch are more welcoming but also slightly unwelcoming in some regards.
    I think from talking to her about the job situation in Europe, that it's getting a little rough. She said it's not easy.