Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

MP3 player discussion

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by zenzr, Nov 22, 2012

1. Jul 8, 2012
    What would you guys suggest for an MP3 player? I have a smart phone and ipad (don't worry I got it as a gift) so I think an iTouch is unneeded. I was thinking maybe a classic? I'm open to any brand/style as long as its decent. And as a bonus if you could point me in the direction of a deal/ad either online or not I would appreciate it. Thanks guys/girls for any help you can provide. Have a safe weekend!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  2. May 15, 2011
    Philips. Not the biggest name, but my MP3 can last me a 16 hour flight +. They're great for reliability and usability, but if you're going for style points they're way out.
  3. Jul 8, 2012
    I guess I forgot to mention size. I have almost 40gb of music so the bigger the better. How big is yours?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  4. Jun 11, 2012
    Ipod touch are the greatest mp3 player ever made. And that's coming for a pro android user. Itunes + Ipod goes great together, and the player itself is fantastic . You can get a older gen since music (or podcast like myself) is all you'll ever need. I would imagine big box store would be running BF deal especially for apple stuff (best has a sale for ipad so ipod touch should be avail for deals) so you can snag one.
  5. May 15, 2011
    Ah. Mine is only 2GB per player. And it seems their biggest is only 4GB. I have multiples, but it works for me simply because I sort all my music by genre and artist.
  6. Jul 8, 2012
    Yeah the one i currently have is Philips as well but it's only 8 GB. I was looking to upgrade and I thought BF was a good time to do so. I love iPods for music, only thing apple that I actually recommend to people. So that's why i was thinking iPod Classic. A little over $200 for 160 GB of space. That's not a bad dea at all me thinks.
  7. May 27, 2008
    What's the price range you're looking to tackle?
  8. Jul 8, 2012
    If it's a good deal I'l get it. I'm thinking anything $100-$250ish. I know classic's are going for about $230 ish on sale for the 160 GB. I'm flexible on price for an item. But i'd say that's a decent starting range.
  9. Dec 6, 2011
    Ooo a good thread, I'm also in the need for an MP3 player that's 64GB+.

I was actually looking at Zune's, they're not too bad, just expensive. I didn't want to have to sacrifice $200+ for an Ipod Classic
  10. Jul 8, 2012
    You and I are in the same boat. I'm hoping to not have to drop more than $200 on a classic, but I at least am convinced that they would be worth it I think. I too thought of zunes, but again as you said the price is an issue.
  11. Jan 11, 2012
    Sony Walkman NWZ-S765BT

16GB 50(h) of non-stop music listening battery, awesome quality and it must be about $125 I guess

Sry can't give you a link but go to sony.com
  12. May 15, 2011
    Here you go. Albeit it doesn't look like the one you mentioned is listed.
  13. Nov 29, 2010
    I myself am pro-android, however for the price, Apple makes some great mp3 players,

The iPod Classic is great and is my recommendation.
  14. Feb 14, 2012
    Why not purchase an expanded micro SD card for your phone and use it as an mp3 player? Keep your pocket less crowded that way.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
  15. Jan 21, 2011
    Use Google Music on your phone. I haven't felt any need for an mp3 player since I started using it.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2
  16. Feb 14, 2012
    Area restrictions.
  17. Jul 8, 2012
    For whatever reason my phone sounded like poop when I tried my head phones before. And I made sure it wasn't the headphones. I'm huge on sound quality. And also huge on battery life. I text/fb/Internet a lot from my phone so music would only kill it faster.

Edit: I have an 8gb sd car already. I just like having a dedicated music player and my phone for everything else.
    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
  18. Jun 18, 2012
    http://nl.creative.com/products/welcomenew.asp?category=948#subcat949 (Change country)

My first mp3 player was from this brand and I simply loved it, I'm always careful with my electronic stuff and it lasted (if I'm right) 3 years (and that's about 6 years ago), with at least an hour of use every day, ussually being in a soaked pocket from the rain etc..

I actually bought a second one the vacation before I bought my android phone 2,5 years back and eventhough I haven't touched it after, my friend needed it a few weeks ago and it still works fine. Not to mention these two were the cheapest players in store, I was aiming to buy the one with the touch screen. It looks stunning (IMO).

But yea if you want an MP3 player I'd suggest this one, just because I love the looks and the durabilety is great I think. Oh I also think the price is right for a MP3 player, at least back then it was.

... *Notices both the MP3 players as he types this and drowns in memories*
  19. May 12, 2012
    mp3 = ipod

simple as that or phone
  20. Feb 27, 2012
    I would recommend the Samsung Galaxy Player. Its MUCH cheaper than an iPod, Has pretty much every feature that the iPod Touch 4 has, and you can add up to a 32gb micro SD card to it. This one is an 8gb, so if you get a 32gb, 8+32=40gb. With an iPod, you'd be stuck at whatever you buy it because they don't allow you to expand your storage. Basically from what i've researched on it, its exactly the same as the Galaxy phone, just its not a phone. It even says you can get up to 60+ hours of audio playback. That's much more than my iPod 2nd gen. My iPod only lasts me a day listening to music.