Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

@msay admin command

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by rbo4o4, May 9, 2011

1. Mar 4, 2011
    I know some new admins have been abusing the @msay command. Perhaps the @msay command can display a list of common warnings, like "no mic spamming" " no racist remarks tolerated this is a warning" etc
  2. Oct 27, 2010
    Anyone below level 3 shouldn't have access to msay.
  3. Dec 7, 2010
    Even with repeated warnings, a number of admins insisted on using it to share their personal opinions such as "RTV". @msay is to be used for global official advisories not personal opinions.
  4. Feb 21, 2007
    I thought it was removed from lvls one and two
  5. Dec 7, 2010
  6. Jun 4, 2006
    I get your idea rbo but I'm afraid even with preset options only admins will still use msay far too often than they should given in their minds since all the presets are global server messages or similar, that it's ok to use these whenever remotely applicable and it will end up being used TOO often when it's not entirely necessary... e.g., if we had a "Cut down on the mic spam please" preset, admins might use msay for that ALL the time even if it's just 2-3 guys talking too often. Rather, they should address those 2-3 individuals using reg-chat, if that doesn't get their attention - mute em, that will. From there you can decide to keep em muted, or re-issue your chat warnings/mic warnings and then un-mute. Moving on from my own personal concern / speculation, we'd still have to code it and this definitely wouldn't be a priority on our 'things that need to be coded' front, furthermore I don't even know if it's possible (do we even have the source?) - not shutting your idea down or anything, but it doesn't have much going for it right now if you know what I mean. :confused:

Perhaps it could be done to one of the less intrusive say commands... hsay or something, or perhaps it should not be done at all, and said cmds should only be available to lvl 3+