Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Multiple audio outputs

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by Seeker, Apr 28, 2011

1. Jan 21, 2011
    I have 3 audio outputs hooked up to my desktop: an HDMI cable to my tv, my regular speakers and my usb headset. I have mumble set to output through my headset and everything else goes through my regular speakers. I've read in many places that you can assign specific audio outputs to specific devices in Win7, but I can't figure out how to do it. I want to be able to play a movie on my TV and have the audio for it go through the TV as well, but keep all my other sounds on my regular speakers. Anyone know how I can do this?
  2. Aug 2, 2010
    I use ALPlayer to play movies on my computer. I can pick which sound output device is used by the player so I can have the movie sound go through my TV while my CS:S or other gaming sounds go to my speakers.
  3. Jan 21, 2011
    That will help with the movies on my hard drive, but the blu ray program that I have doesn't see the correct HDMI audio for some reason otherwise I would output the audio through it. Its weird.
  4. Dec 7, 2010
    Are you saying in Mumble, under Configure/Settings/Audio Output/Device, you don't see multiple output audio devices? If you do, it will be there..

I personally see on my setup things like: Speakers, Digital Output, HDMI - Audio, SPDIF, COAX, HD Audio, etc.. I do have several audio devices installed however.
  5. Jan 21, 2011
    Mumble I have no problems with. It goes to my headset so I can differentiate between in-game and in-mumble talking. The blu ray player program on my pc doesn't see the correct HDMI audio output, so when I try to watch a movie and play, the game and movie come out of my main speakers which I don't want.
  6. Aug 2, 2010
    I use PowerDVD 9 for B-R and I can select the output with no problems.

Try using a different prog?

If you're using PowerDVD and you have those issues, your computer hates you as much as I do.
  7. Jan 21, 2011
    Yeah, it's power dvd. It sees the realtek HDMI out but not the ATI HDMI out which is the one I need.
  8. Aug 2, 2010
    Stop asking questions about a computer you won't be in front of for the next 2 effin weeks you whore bag.
  9. Jan 21, 2011
    Well if it were a software thing in Win7 I could still test it on the laptop I'm on now.
  10. Apr 9, 2007
    Just select your output device in the player (MPC, Foobar, whatever). The cool thing that I want to do on Windows is select which audio output I can use (ie have Foobar using Rear while Mumble is using Front).
  11. Jan 21, 2011
    I tried this and it went to the wrong HDMI out. There are two for some stupid reason and it decides to use the one that doesn't do shit. I'm gonna disable it and see if that works.

That would be neato.